1.2 School is Cool

A/N: I'm trying to temper the naughty chapters with actual plot. Warning: semi-naughty innuendo below, but nothing like what's to come *ahem*

That Maroon 5 song stuck in my head while writing this chapter. Enjoy!

Jonna squeezed her eyes shut

"Screw it."

She clicked buy, and waited. After the confirmation page, she sucked in a breath, pushed back from the desk, and re-read the most relevant message:

There's a big work party, and I hate going alone. If you went, I might be able to withstand the boring crowd. Call me.

Is it crazy that I bought a ticket before calling?

It's not that they'd never spoken. She had just skipped that step in this instance because the desire for connection had overridden reason. She remembered the sound of his voice, a warm caress on her ear. If his voice was that damn good, she was willing to bet he was good at a lot more than talking.

Instead of checking the airline's return policy, Jonna printed out the boarding pass. She then danced from the living room to the bedroom, her brown waves bouncing with her. An empty living room was a rarity, and she counted it as a good sign.

Impulse ruled her life, ensuring a failed marriage, a mountain of student loans, and a shitty housing situation. She had been crashing at her little brother's apartment for a little over six months, but he never made her feel bad about it. He only made her feel bad because he was so nice, and because his girlfriend kinda hated her. Yet, none of life's issues fazed her at the moment. She was too busy packing to think about the stack of papers waiting to be graded, never mind the deeper stuff.

Deeper.

The word brought to mind his other messages, and how he promised to bury deep inside her with deliberate slowness.

She paused as delicious images red-lined in her head. It had been years since she'd been with anyone, and the lack of physical intimacy had been bearable because she had a hand, and she had the internet. However, her current obsession had pushed sex into the front of her thoughts, and she knew if she didn't meet him, they would consume her.

A comforting fact was that she wouldn't be content solving her sexual dissatisfaction with a random stranger. The night before, she had gone to a bar, on a mission to sleep with the first man, or woman, available. When the offer had come through, she had quietly slinked off, more frustrated than ever. She wanted him, and no one else.

"Zachary."

Not for the first time, she weighed his name in her mouth, equating it with other, heavier things she could put in there.

Jonna zipped up the carry-on bag, briefly reflecting on her rash decision.

She planned on flying to a city she'd never visited, to be with a man she'd never met in person.

And she was more than ready.

A/N: Dedicated to SoullessDaydream, who is one of my WP besties (yes, that's a thing)

A/N: Dedicated to SoullessDaydream, who is one of my WP besties (yes, that's a thing). She's also got a steamy romance novel out called Fatal Desire, featuring one hot Native American dude. Yay for diverse characters, and for hot dudes!