12.2 Something in the Way

"Wanna go steal some shit?"

The proper answer was "no", or "hell no", but Jonna wanted to be improper.

The question came out of nowhere, but it came later. Before it, Laney flirted innocently, buying the next round of drinks. They shared the details of life, and Jonna found out Laney was a writer.

"Being an English teacher and all, I was hoping you'd teach me some stuff," Laney said.

"Mmmhmm. Like what?"

Jonna's mind hinted at several versions of "stuff" and they all seemed fun.

Laney played with her straw. "Stuff. Like about grammar, editing..."

"Bullshit," Jonna said, going on quickly when Laney shot her a look. "What I mean is, you've gotta know that stuff by now."

"I know a few methods, but I'm open and willing to experience as much as possible."

"Are we still talking about writing?"

"It's all anyone ever talks about, creating new stories," Laney said.

She frowned at the hippie dippyness of the statement, sighing and longing for the exit. Art held a certain power, with words eliciting a great part of that power, but Jonna preferred not to discuss anything existential. She wanted to do only one thing. Well, one thing in many different ways.

Probably sensing she was losing the teacher's attention, Laney threw out her crazy suggestion. When she asked, Jonna knew she should've high-tailed it outta the bar. Instead, part of her assumed the young gal was joking, and so she nodded and followed her to the cab waiting outside.

"Brooker Elementary School on Johnson Avenue please," Laney instructed the driver.

Jonna laughed. "Wait, what? I thought we were going to steal some shit?"

Laney's beautiful smile glittered in the dark car. "Oh, we are."

The tone, and the doubling down, scared her. She kept quiet though, not wishing to pepper the air with questions lest she appear uncool. However, she was fully prepared to ditch her enigmatic companion when and if need be. The last thing she needed was her name on an arrest record.

"I'll make the night worth your while," Laney said.

Things reverted to Jonna's Mile-High dream as Laney stroked her thigh, higher and higher, and onto greener pastures. She coughed, clamping her legs together, but all that did was trap the errant hand. Jonna glanced at the driver, but he noticed nothing, or pretended not to. She relaxed, and eased her legs apart, allowing Laney full exploratory options.

The slender fingers were much different than what she was used to, but not in a bad way. Soft touches, playful pinches, and one (then two) fingers plunged inside of her. Heat infused her body, arching her back, but otherwise, she struggled to keep her face calm.

When a third finger joined the fun, pressing the perfect spot, playing her favorite chords to perfection, she bit her lip.

Somehow, Laney managed to stay sitting forward, expression giving nothing away. Just as Jonna tetered on the edge of the explosive moment, the fingers withdrew.

She was embarrassed to hear herself whimper.

"We're here," Laney said, as though nothing had happened.