3. Plane Oddity

No work. Just relaxing.

That's what she promised herself.

Because Jonna couldn't relax or keep promises, she read student papers on the plane.

A song repeated in her head, and she hummed along, "This is ground control..."

Bowie made for the perfect adventure soundtrack, and hers was moving along. The final piece had come together when she called Zachary before boarding.

He expressed surprise and excitement at her impulse, even offering to pick her up from the airport, but Jonna politely declined. He had insisted, but so had she. Though her lust clouded up a lot of common sense, she wasn't prepared to jump into a stranger's car. The truly sensible thing was to meet him at a bar, have a few drinks, and then jump in a car with him.

Usually, she focused on work without issue, grading strictly but fairly. In this instance, nearly every student cleared an A. With each pen stroke, she felt eyes on her. She dragged the pen up to draw another easy A, and the stranger's gaze followed.

"So, hi," Jonna said, still marking papers.

A short, wet pause sounded, the result of a mouth slowly opening and staying that way. Then a response.

"Hello." It was a girl's voice, young and sweet.

Jonna refocused her attention, matching the sweet voice to a sweet face: bow mouth, blue eyes, and blond hair. All the light coloring she had longed for as a child. Ha, yes, that was it. The girl appeared no older than fifteen.

"Are you a teacher?" The blond pointed at the unmistakable red A heading up the stack of papers in Jonna's lap.

"Easy guess," Jonna said, eliciting a smile. "Are you a student?"

One of the girl's well-tanned arms reached her face, carefully tucking wisps of hair behind her ear. Her fingers then traced along a smooth jawline, settling on her lip.

"Why would you think that?" she asked.

Jonna watched the girl's movements, half-amused, half-interested.

"You look so young," Jonna said.

"Hardly. I'm 24. You?" The sweet voice dropped to a smoother inflection, one hand rubbing her thigh, occasionally squeezing.

"I'm on my third drink." She sloshed the ice around before downing the rum and Coke completely.

The scene was odd as could be, and she wanted the conversation to end. Instead, the girl dragged out more come-ons:

"I know other relaxation techniques."

Jonna laughed, throat suddenly constricted. "I'll bet."

"We'll have fun, promise." Her fingers walked across her lips in a deliberate fashion.

Though mildly tempted, Jonna turned away. "Look, I'm good, but uh, have fun by yourself." She rustled the papers, pretending to read them.

Undeterred, the girl spread her legs a smidge. "Would you like to start off watching first?"

Jonna sensed movement, but refused to look. Finally, she peered over a student essay titled, "Why I Lie to My Parents", and couldn't believe it. The girl's hand moved languidly underneath her skirt, her small mouth parted in a delicate pink o.

"Really?" Jonna checked the aisle across from them, but it was empty.

As suggested, she watched the girl's hand flick back and forth for a few delicious moments, still unsure of what was happening. Her breathing quickened.

Sanity came knocking, and she cleared her throat and looked away again."Wow, okay."

Without warning, the girl withdrew her hand and stood. "Bathroom," she mouthed.

Jonna raised a brow. Despite herself, she appreciated the view as the gal saunter gracefully to the bathroom, tiny hips swaying.

The oddity of what transpired begged to be shared, and there was only one person she could tell. It was Zachary's fault, anyway. No one had ever hit on her like that before. Maybe she radiated a certain invitational charm, an unintended consequence of remaining constantly aroused.

Feeling quite naughty, Jonna switched her phone from airplane mode, scrolling down until she found Zachary's picture. Large brown eyes, olive skin, and a bald head. Looks were last on her list of turn-ons, but his definitely helped her out.

Jonna quickly relayed a summary of the meet-cute, not skipping a detail. His answer required two read-throughs for her to catch on:

Zachary: Follow her.

He couldn't have been serious. Although, if he was, Jonna didn't have to listen. She had her her own mind, her own body, her own choices.

"Ma'am."

A flight attendant tapped her shoulder. Jonna's face bloomed bright red and she nearly dropped the phone.

"Yes?" She laid down the offending device face-down on the armrest, hand trembling ever so slightly.

"Would you like some nuts?" The attendant smiled and wiggled a blue bag.

"No thanks."

No, that was the last thing she wanted right now. She knew what she wanted to try, and it involved something very different.

The song from before started back up in her head, and she muttered every few words:

"Stepping through the door...floating in a most peculiar way..."

A/N: Should Jonna follow the young stranger? (I'm thinking

A/N: Should Jonna follow the young stranger? (I'm thinking...maybe...!)

Dedicated to a wonderful constant reader, knoni2006