4. Just Landed...and Laney

What if he's a she?

What if he's a she?

What if he's sixty instead of thirty-six?

What if we have nothing to talk about?

While Jonna waded through the crowd exiting the plane, negative thoughts invaded. She had wondered at her stupidity before, but it was only now, striding through the terminal, that she knew she was stupid.

She checked her phone, clearing away the student email notifications, and the one message from her brother:

Jayden: Ola saw Shane outside again, trying to peek through the damn windows. I see that fool again, he's getting punched, and then I'm callin' the cops!

She frowned, wondering at what he wanted, until she swiped at the newest text:

Shane: Where are you? I came by again with dinner, but you never answered :(

Ugh.

He was a problem, and she was grateful for the separation of hundreds of miles.

Trying her best not to bump into people, she checked her more texts, stopping once she reached Zachary's thread:

Zachary: Follow her.

Sexy dream aside, he had really messaged that.

He could've been kidding.

Somehow, she didn't think so.

Someone rubbed her shoulder and she jumped at the unexpected touch.

"Sorry!" The blonde held up her hands, not looking sorry at all. "Just wanted to catch you before we never saw each other again."

Another bathroom trip?

But Jonna instead enquired, "Yes?"

"My name's Laney." She extended a slim hand, which Jonna reluctantly shook.

"Hi." An uncomfortable minute petered out until she added, "I'm Jonna."

Laney dipped her head down before glancing up with a small smile. It was a cute, and probably heavily-practiced, flirting technique.

"I don't usually do things like that," she hiked a thumb in the direction of the jetway, "but you inspired me."

"You're welcome?" Jonna didn't know what else to say.

A twinkle flashed across the insanely blue eyes. "That's what I was hoping to say to you after, but maybe another time."

Before she could protest, Laney leaned in and pecked her on the cheek, a hand lingering at her neckline.

Jonna mouth had ceased working, and her face was on fire.

Just as quickly, Laney dashed down the terminal, waving like nothing had transpired.

Jonna brushed her fingers across her chest, retracing Laney's touch. When she reached her cleavage, she found a piece of paper that Laney had tucked there.

Hot little sneak.

She kinda liked her, as much as she deemed the chick to be mental.

Upon unfolding, she read Laney's name and phone number scrawled in the bubbly lettering young gals always seemed to employ.

She shrugged, and slipped the note into her purse.

A/N: Is she gonna use the note later? Should she???!!!

Comment and vote and lemme know! 

Yes, you'll meet Zachary soon, but isn't anticipation just as fun as the real thing? (said lots of gals and guys everywhere...)

Dedicated to KristineInchausti     Enjoy ;)