15.2 The Truth is Really Crazy

"We'll put on a show

"We'll put on a show."

Laney positioned the phone, smiling over her shoulder at Jonna.

Jonna nodded. Naked and spread open on the bed, the idea seemed sound. Smart even.

Putting on a show would be fun. Jonna was surprised by how calm she felt. The lights were on, exposing every angle and jiggle of her body. Yet, all she was worried about was how fast the night might pass her by.

Laney touched an index finger to the phone screen, scrolling then clicking.

Ring. Ring.

"Hello?"

Zachary's face filled the screen, his voice sounding so small on speakerphone. Jonna tried but failed in stifling a laugh.

"Jonna? Why are you naked?"

Instead of a real answer, she waved.

Laney moved from the phone, crawling on the bed toward Jonna.

"What is this?"

From the tone of his voice, it seemed like Zachary didn't truly care to define what was happening. Especially when Laney lips met Jonna's, her hands roaming over Jonna's body.

From the phone, she registered Zachary asking, "What the fuck?"

Then, her focus reverted entirely on Laney. Laney's mouth, Laney's hands, Laney's intense eyes, and then back to her mouth.

After several small deaths from Laney, Jonna collapsed on the bed. Sweat glistened on her body. The overhead fan oscillated in glorious fashion.

"Water?"

Laney held out a water bottle from her prone position on the side of the bed.

Jonna nodded and sat up. Gulping the life-saving liquid, she noticed the phone still perched on a table nearby.

The screen was blank. No more Zachary.

Following her gaze, Laney remarked, "I wondered how long dude tuned in for."

Jonna shrugged. "Doesn't matter."

Laney tilted her head, seemingly studying Jonna. Jonna offered a small smile, wondering if she meant what she had said. Then Laney smiled, sighed, and flopped back down on the bed.

Jonna settled next to her.

While falling asleep, she told herself she didn't didn't care about Zachary or what he needed. Much.

~*~

If Jonna's phone hadn't rang intermittently, she would've slept through the whole morning.

As it was, Laney rolled over, swiped a sleepy kiss on her cheek, and said:

"Either kill that phone, or wake me up properly, woman."