21. Serious Stuff

The coffee date went better than she thought it would. Up until the end.

As shit turned sour, all she could think was, I need to avoid all coffee shops.

For some reason, Zachary had remained in town. Well, that wasn't true. He revealed the real reason for lingering in Florida as his fingers drummed against his Chai tea cup.

"You woke me up, Jonna."

"Excuse me?"

She sipped her caramel latte, eyes narrowed at his cup. It was hard for her to trust someone who drank Chai anything.

"I realized that my marriage was a lie. And so, I ended it."

Eyes wide, Jonna asked, "Because of me?"

She was horrified at the prospect of having changed someone's life by being so basic, by being the other woman.

"Because of what you said, yes. I realized that only enjoyed the open part of my marriage, and not really my marriage."

Jonna gulped heaps of coffee, nodding like she understood. Really, she was planning on ducking out when the coffee ran out.

They were seated on the back patio area of the coffee shop. All the other tables were empty.

"I wanted to thank you." His big eyes locked with hers as he stood. "Properly."

"Sure---,"

Jonna didn't finish the sentence because she was too shocked by what Zachary did next. He bent to a crawl, disappearing under the thick white table cover.

"What the---?"

"Shhhh."

The warning came from under the table, and just at the right time. Sarah, the server, opened the back door of the coffee shop and approached the table.

"Everything good?"

Jonna tried not to stare with too much horror at the gaping empty chair across from her. Instead, she affixed a smile to her face, covering her panic when two hands nudged her legs apart.

"Yeah, everything's...good."

Fingers danced over her thighs, a mouth kissing the same trail leading higher and higher.

Sarah noticed the chair, and gestured to it. "He leave you with the check?"

Two fingers pushed her panties aside, gently probing and fondling.

Jonna shook her head. "I think we're gonna split it. He's in the bathroom."

One finger slid inside, then another, and another. Jonna gulped and bit her cheeks to keep from moaning.

"No problem. Let me know when you're ready.

Still smiling, Jonna nodded. Sarah retreated to the shop through the back door. When they were alone again, Jonna kicked Zachary in the side.

"You're gonna get us arrested!"

He laughed, but then his mouth replaced his fingers. Then, Jonna didn't care about possible consequences. At first, she internally thanked the coffee gods for inventing floor-draping table covers.

 At first, she internally thanked the coffee gods for inventing floor-draping table covers