Chapter 8: Old friends, new enemies

Author's Note: just gonna warn you ahead that this chapter might be acutely long. But I just had to. Please read. Oh, and happy Valentines Day!!!! 💙💙💙
---
"How do I look?"

"Like a green bimbo" I laughed with tears running down my face

The orange-clad spun around in the pink sundress, the wig he wore slowly slipping off his bold head "I'm so fancy! You already know!" He sang off key

I covered my ears and laughed harder "please...stop!"

We fell to the ground, roaring in laughter. What can I say? We're teens with too much time on their hands and nothing to do.

"Okay, now it's your turn" Mikey said after we recovered "I dare you to sneak into Raph's room!"

My happy mood quickly faded away "Mikey, that's a death wish!" I exclaimed "if he caught me in there, he'd send me to my grave! No way!"

"Sounds like somebody's a chicken" He made an attempt to rile me up. And like the stubborn adolescent I am, I gave in

"Fine!" I stood up and stormed to the door

"Wait" I froze and cast a dark glance on the terrapin "you have to bring back something from his room, to make sure you actually did it"

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door harshly behind me. I stood there for a while, contemplating if I would really go through with this. Raphael was in the dojo right now, so if I'm gonna do it, now is the time. I tiptoed across the hallway and stood at the red-clad turtle's door, paralyzed with fear. I hesitantly reached my hand out and seized the door knob. Was the handle always this wet or is that my sweat?

I breathe deeply and pushed the door open, quickly but silently closing it after me. I took a minute to observe the room. I was surprised to see his room was actually neat. Everything was well organized and put where it should be. Who knew Raphael was a neat freak.

I stepped closer to the bookshelf next to his bed, scanning for the item I would bring back as my trophy. My gaze dropped on an old picture frame, in it, a picture of Raphael with a turtle resting on his shoulder. I never knew he had a pet turtle, why haven't I seen him yet?

My train of thoughts was cut short when I felt a vibrating sensation in my back pocket. I pulled out my phone and saw I received a text from Michelangelo.

🍕Mikester🍕: Sky, Raph is on his way. Get outta there now!

I gasped in horror, almost dropping my phone in the process. I quickly grabbed the picture frame and ran to the door, but froze when I saw the knob move on its own. I stopped myself from cursing and dove under the bed, trying my best not to cough from all the dust under here.

I watched the mutant walk into the room. He shut the door behind him and went for his bed. I held in a gasp as I felt the bed sink under his weight. Most of it was applied on me.

My attention was taken away by the sound of the door slamming open. Another pair of green feet entered the room "hey, Raph!" I gasped in astonishment when I heard Mikey's voice

"Mikey!" The red-clad turtle growled "how many times did I tell you not to come in here without permission!"

"I just wanted to let you know that the pizza's here" he sang-song "but it's fine if you don't want any, more for us"