Chapter 29: We'll do it for her

Okay guys, this is it!!! This is it!!! Are you all excited? Be ready to be at edge of your seats for this final show down. And...ACTION!
(Don't mind the picture above 😂)

Faith is the concept of putting complete trust and/or confidence on something or someone. This small word that was known by all, but when asked the question 'what is faith?', a whole room becomes silent.

"I apologize again but in order for us to actually send you back to Earth, we must take some safety precautions" explained the woman I once called mother, desperately trying to mask her gleeful state upon seeing my friends bearing cuffs on their wrists and accompanied by a small swat of robots "you understand, right?"

"This wasn't part of our deal" I said blankly, but inside, I was holding back a storm

"Well, I'm getting them back to Earth, aren't I?" The domineering woman snapped "and you better get moving fast before Kraang Prime and her stupid right hand man show up"

"Okay; but I need to say goodbye first"

I began to take a few steps forward, my eyes were glued to my feet as they worked together to make me move forward. Left, right, left, right, and so on. It wasn't long until I came face to face with the team. First off, was the usually cheerful terrapin. But he wasn't being himself at the moment.

"Hey..." I awkwardly greeted

The room stayed silent. Each of us were wondering how he'd react under these circumstances. I was expecting a full on blame game but instead, he stretched his lips into a smile.

"It's too bad we won't be seeing each other. It's gonna be weird without you in the Lair" with every word that came out, his walls slowly crumbled, allowing tears to rise up in his baby blue eyes

It took a while until I came up with a decent reply "it won't be the same without you either"

Slowly but surely, the tears began to cascade down his green cheeks. Just by watching Mikey weeping over me made my heart shatter into tiny pieces. I slung my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, already dreading the fact that I'd have to let go soon.

"Please don't cry, Mikey. You gotta be happy for the team" I slightly pulled away so I could face him "I want to remember you by as my cheerful ninja turtle"

I knew I was bestowing upon him a heavy burden, but he accepted none the less and managed to curl the edges of his lips into a smile "okay...see yah later, alligator"

I smiled happily "thank you"

Once that was dealt with, Mikey moved aside, allowing me to approach April and Casey who I'd say my goodbyes. After my first few steps in their direction, April lunged at me with large tears brimming her eyes.

"This isn't fair" she whined, holding me tight in a bone crushing hug

Casey walked up besides us as April squeezed the life out of me "hey, since you're going, could I take your slid hammer?"

"Casey!" The gang scolded the caved-mouth boy

I let out a soft giggle "of course, just don't break something with it. And use it with great care" I added