Chapter 16: it's inside

Surrounded by kraang, friend held hostage, and to top it all off, we took away my mallet so I could 'heal properly'. I was defenseless and probably no match for them all. They pulled out their guns and readied them at me. I raise my hands in the air and play along.

"Ah, foiled again!" I said, trying to sound as sarcastic as I could

The robots ignored my comments "the one known as Skylar was doing what is known as spying on kraang" one stated

"Now that kraang have captured the one known as Skylar, kraang can bring her back to the place known as the place where kraang will continue to do what is known as experimenting" another one said

I rolled my eyes "That sounds like a lot of fun but..." I snatched a gun from the nearest kraangdroid and kicked him away "but I'm not going anywhere with you talking trash cans!"

I pointed my gun at the building where April was and shot at the stranger holding her from behind. As the figure fell, it lost its grip on the redhead and she managed to escape.

Once she was secured, I opened fire on the kraang. I grabbed a kraangbot and used him as a shield from the lasers and slowly, I shot them all down and I obtained victory. As fast as a lightning bolt, I raced over to the alley where I saw April sneak into.

"April, you here?" I called out softly

She popped her head out of a trash can, almost scaring the jiggles out of me "is she gone?"

"Who?"

"That beast that attacked me!" She exclaimed, I hadn't noticed until now how much she was shaking

I grabbed her by the shoulders and looked into her blue eyes "just take a breath and explain to me what she looked like"

She nods, doing as I said "she was tall, and furry, oh, and she had sharp nails..." She looked down and I followed her gaze to see a bloody scar similar to one I had...

"Oh no..." Was all I could say before I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of there

She stumbled behind me "Sky, what's going on?"

"I can't explain now, we gotta..." I ran into something...something fluffy

April gasped and took a few steps back while I did the same, all the while keeping my gaze focused on the creature I used to know so well.

"Long time no see, right?" She said with a devious smile

I stuttered "s-sister..."

"I decide to drop by and visit" she said happily "notice anything new?"

I looked closer and noticed she was clothed, all in black if I may add. She was covered top to bottom with the exception of her tail and feet. And on her clothing she had the foot symbol on.

I gasped, my eyes dilating "you joined the foot clan?!"

She nods "yup, they captured me and told me I had great potential! Sensei gave me personal training" she giggled "and do you know what I'll be doing with my new skills?" She leaned into my ear and whispered "I'm gonna finally finish you off"

I pushed her away and seized April's hand, pulling her along as I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I looked back to see my sister gaining up on us.

"Come on!" I lead my redhead friend to the side of a building and helped her up the fire escape

Now that April was in the lead, I took a different turn to get my sister to chase after me. Luckily it worked, the fox lady was running on her four legs, giving her more speed, I knew she would catch up to me eventually. And unfortunately for me, I came unprepared for a fight.