Chapter 10: acquired feelings

A/N: OMG!!!! This book has 300 reads. Thank you everyone! I have the best readers ever. Thank you and enjoy the new chapter 😘
P.S.: I finally made a short chapter!!!! All hail me!

Don't you ever have those days when you feel like everyone's against you? That out of the millions of people residing on the same planet, none of them are willing to be on your side. Yeah, that's exactly how I felt right now. I protruded my lower lip in a sulky pout, my sad gaze locked on the brothers.

"Sky, we already told you the answer is no" Leo said rolling his sapphire eyes at me

"But Leo~!!!" I whined only getting a sigh from everyone "I promise to be careful and obey every single order you give me"

The oldest brother froze, his eyes widening and a smile tugging at the corner of his lips "you'll obey my rules?"

I nod eagerly "I'll be the best follower ever! Promise! Cross my heart and hope to die"

Leonardo almost gave in, but his brothers were still unsatisfied with my proposal "no way, Sky. You're not coming with us on our patrol!" Raph barked

"Oh come on, Raph. I won't get in your way if that's what you're worried about"

"No, I'm worried I'm gonna have to save your butt from the enemy again" he growled with his arms crossed over his plastron

I rolled my eyes "that was only once! Now that I have this" I pointed my thumb to the mallet resting in the sheath behind my back "I can totally protect myself. Come on guys, please. You can't expect me to stay under here for the rest of my life"

They shared a glance at each other, before looking back upon me "and you will obey every rule I set out?" Leonardo questioned

"Without hesitation" I answered, hope still glistening in my eyes

"Fine, you can come with us" he gave in with a smile spread across his face

I had no time to thank him before I was enveloped into a bone crushing hug by the orange-clad turtle "YAY! Let's go, Sky!" Mikey cheered, dragging me out of the kitchen where we were in and to the turnstiles, his brothers calling after us as they tried to catch up.

~~~

We reached the surface after wondering the sewers for a good ten minutes. After Donatello placed the lid back over the man hole, we climbed up the side of a building using our ninja skills, and dashed off. I followed the boys as we jumped from roof to roof, the night air hitting my face. I loved the feeling of the wind in my hair, it gave me a sense of freedom. Like I was finally living.

And the dark night was beautiful, not like the one Leonardo had revealed to me but still close. I missed seeing the stars glistening up in the sky, providing the lonely moon some company. I also missed having a deep conversation with Leo, I could always confined my secrets to him.

The boys came to a halt on the next rooftop. After jumping over to them, I skidded to a stop "what's up? Why did we stop?"

"If you'll be coming on patrols with us from now on, then you must know how to use certain things" Donatello explained as he pulled out a grappling hook gun and tossed it to me

I caught it and cradled it in my arms as I wondered what to do with it. Michelangelo walked up besides me and took the tool away from me "here, I'll show you how to use it"

I followed him to the ledge of the roof, watching him aim the gun out in the open with one hand and pointing at a few buttons lodged on the contraption "it's easy really. All you gotta do is pull on this trigger thingy and the hook will shoot out. And then you use this to ride the rope" he said pulling out another tool "and to do that thing where the rope pulls you towards the thing you have to press this button"