Chapter 26: for the glory

How did I get into this?

The question kept replaying in my mind and I couldn't help but think back to before when I was still in the Lair under Master Splinter's care.

~~~

One by one, I stuffed each weapon into my little pouch that I strapped across my waist. I had enough weapons to equip a whole army. But yet I still felt like I needed more. So I grabbed a kunai and stashed it in my left boot.

Finally satisfied, I marched out my room. Since the boys were reviewing the plan to save the world and whatnot, I sneaked through the Lair and made it to the turnstiles.

My plan was to wait at the manhole cover for them and force Leonardo to take me with them. He won't be able to say no because I prepared an argument that was sure to not only convince him but the whole team as well. With a sly grin, I skipped over the turnstile without making a sound and got ready to make a run for it when someone appeared behind me and grabbed my shoulders.

I quickly shoved the person away and instinctively got in a fighting position. But to my surprise, it was Master Splinter. I quickly dropped my defense and bowed down.

"Sensei, I didn't know it was you"

He smiled at me "so, you are planning on following my sons on their journey"

I stood up straight to face the humanoid rat "sensei, I have to help them. I couldn't possibly live with myself if they were to sacrifice themselves for the world's sake..."

"It seems your heart is set and it won't be easy to alter" I noticed the corner of his lips twitch up in a smile

I nod "I'm not gonna sit around and wait when I can be out there and helping them" I clenched my fist "and if it means I have to fight you sensei than I will. Those guys are all I have left in this world..."

The mutant smiled down at me "come with me"

He turned around and walked back into the Lair. Hesitantly, I followed Master Splinter as he led me to the dojo. He headed straight for his chamber so I waited outside and kept my guard up in case any of the brothers, mainly Leonardo, would wonder into the room.

"At first I was planning to give this to April to congratulate her on becoming a kunoichi" he spoke as he reappeared with a piece of clothing in his arms "but then I thought it would be more wise to bestow it to my daughter Karai"

I neared him and stared at the clothing "wait, it's a kimono"

He nods "it belonged to my beloved Tang Shan. It is one of the only things I possess from my past life in Japan"

"It's beautiful, your wife must have had good taste" I smiled as I scan the dress

"I'm glad you like it, because now it is yours"

"Oh that's great" I commented without fully listening to what he said "wait, did you just say it's mine?? You're giving this beautiful, fancy kimono to a wiry girl like me?"

"Yes"

"But...but I'll ruin it" I pushed the dress away from me "I can't accept it"