Chapter One: Matsya's side

Most likely to be the only chapter is Matsya POV for awhile.

Matsya's POV.

My hands grip the wheel tightly, almost cutting the circulation. It didn't matter, all that matters was I got there in time. The wind brushes against my body, cooling me down from the summer's heat.

That same gust of wind blew my dark black hair into my eyes. Using one hand to brush it away, I keep a hand on the steering wheel. Today was one of those days where everything looked beautiful to the eye.

The sky is a light blue with few clouds, the grass looks greener some how and people look happier. It's Sunday, a perfect day to hit the beach with your family. Sounds perfect. . . for some. Family wasn't really my thing or a thing.

My head is pounding with a headache. Most likely yesterday's effect of stress and lack of sleep. As soon as I see the warehouse, I use my left hand to search for my gun. The warehouse looked old, abandoned and perfect for this.

The moment Amir called me, I couldn't have felt more confused. As being girl, people automatically think I can't knock their yellowing teeth out with a single punch. Only if they knew - well most do, after I get a good swing.

Recalling those memories, I move my hand into a fist. I swing the door of my car, slamming it shut with my left hand still holding the gun. I swing the cool metal to my other hand as my mint heels hit the ground.

After years of running, I could easily run in heels if this goes wrong. The click of my heels reassures me, reminding me of how many times I've already done this. If it goes right this time, I just may have a chance at getting -

"Matsya right?" A voice interrupts my thoughts. I look up, instead of staring at the amount of cobwebs are here. Dust, litter are spread carefree across the floor. As I glance at the tall man, he throws a match at the floor, lighting his cigarette in his hand.

My hand goes to my jeans pocket, feeling the packet of matches. For emergencies mainly. Don't ask me how I use them. He smiles a yellow stained smile - a sign of years of smoking - and moves his black fringe away from his blue eyes.

"Cigarette?" The man offers, holding one towards me. As I look at it, I note that his hand was coated in grime. I shake my head no. When a few seconds go and nothing happens, he finally speaks again. "I need you to burn a building down, there's no one there - I just need you to burn it."

I take a good look at his white shorts and sky blue shirt. Burn a building? Not the strangest thing for us but still. He's most likely to be to gain profit from other people's downfall.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Why? And how much are you offering?"

"I'll double any price you say, sweety if you -"

"Just to burn the building," I aggressively say, bringing my gun higher to shooting range. If he tries anything, I could easily raise my gun and get rid of him.

"70 000," he offers, smiling a tight lipped smile. Seventy thousand is nothing here. To burn down his competitor's building, he'd profit from gaining his customers. We'd get nothing out of it.

"I'm sorry, we can't do anything for that amount," I answer in a monotone, urging to roll my eyes.

"That's enough!" He argues. "For a girl anyways, can you even-"

His voice stops absurdly when I raise my weapon. "Yes? What was it?" My questions come out strong and annoyed as my gun raises to his throat. Like a rabbit stuck in headlights, he stands still, petrified. "Is the fact I'm a girl with a gun next to your head hurting you? Is it a shocker that I can kill you right now?"

"The deal is off, no matter what you do," I declare, on the extreme level of annoyed now. When I stare at him further, I realize that he wasn't even breathing - most likely afraid. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and slam the gun against his head.

With sickening thud, his limp body fell to the ground. Every few seconds or so, his sickly skinny chest will rise to gasp some air. Not like he deserved any but then again who am I to judge? I lean forward and grab his arms, putting my gun on the floor.

As soon as I reach outside, my arms feel limp and I push his body onto the grass. I jog inside once again, picking up my gun. A girl can't even burn a building? With a smirk, I remember that Amir said this was his factory.

My heels click on the concrete path repeatedly until I reach the car to grab the large bottles of gasoline.

Amir called me to come here to finalize the deal, grab the money and burn the building down all in a hour. He (Amir) was also the one to propose if he doesn't play his path, that I should burn him down as well.

But since I'm nice, I'll let him live in hell. The gasoline pours out effortlessly and it took three bottles to cover the whole outline of the warehouse. As I scan for people around the area, I quickly realize that no one is here. It's six in the afternoon anyways.

It was when I grabbed my matches out of my jeans when I heard him getting up again. With a annoyed glare, I grab my gun on the floor. Without a second thought, I shoot his leg. Immediately, he cries in pain and tears of distress ran down his face.

Without a sign of remorse, I light up the match, letting it shine near my face. "No, don't!" The man cries his petty words, making me want to throw the lighter more. I grit my teeth and then around.

"No? Don't? Next time, don't be a cunt and we're good," I say, unable to find the right words to say in my fury. By the time I said the words, the match ran out. I light it up once again, throwing it to the floor.

As soon as the flame touches the gasoline, it runs across the whole building until the whole place was in flames. A firm scrawl is set on my face as I look back to the man. Now, he's crying his heart out instead of the girl who would have if I had taken up the deal.

His hand is coated in blood now and by the looks of it, he's unable to move. He can't even go to the police because of his plans. I walk to car again, opening the sliver door to grab the papers Amir printed out.

This man or whoever he was had emailed Amir earlier and Amir usually hands these emails out, making sure that everyone is safe when a person plans on calling authorities. They'll get in jail while we pack our bags.

While I grab the sheets of paper from the glove box, I find a old Nokia phone. How it got there is beyond my thoughts but it's definitely handy. With a few buttons pressed, a call to the police is made.

"Hi, how may we help you?" A young woman answers the phone. Her voice sounds gentle, almost motherly. Without another word, I hold the phone out letting the cries of the man be heard. He still didn't notice what I was doing - it worked in my favor though.

I don't raise the phone to my ear again, instead I threw it towards the fire and let the papers lie to the ground. It didn't take me long to get into my car and forget anything like that ever happened.

Don't mess with me. End of story.

This chapter isn't that relevant to the plot honestly. It was mainly here to show you Matsya's world and why Nirvaan is so afraid of her.

So when you guys see the next few chapters, you'll immediately have a spiritual connection to Nirvaan. Anyways, how was the chapter? Enjoyed it? Opinion on Matsya?

Vote?

- Maya ☺