Chapter Six: A Rerun Of The Same Show

NZ's weather sucks. By the way, I might not be that active next week due to school + exams. Wish me luck, I need it. Also another reason could be because my fingers freezed off while typing due to NZ's weather.

"I'll take it from here," Matsya tells me as I rub my hands to obtain some heat. "I'll just walk back."

Back? To where? "Are you sure?" I ask, shoving my hands in my pockets. Honestly, my fear of her hasn't died at all. I still have a speeding heart and a foot that won't stop tapping. To top it off, I'm sure I've sweated my shirt off by now.

Since the air is starting freeze into midnight, all I want to do is run off into my car but instead I watch Matsya's figure. "It's fine," she nods, letting a steam of heat into the air along with her words.

With my heart's beat calming down, I walk back to my car. Today's memories need to be hurried somewhere where I won't ever see it again. All I want to do is sleep peacefully, wrapped like burrito and just wait until the week is over.

My stomach flips over, feeling strangely empty while I drive. The idea of skipping on those noodles felt good at the time but now, the rumble reminds me of what I missed out on.

I'll just go to bed hungry. It's about eleven or twelve now and the weariness is seeping in. Sleep sounds so perfect to me to the poiny where I could sleep on this wheel if it isn't for the fact I'm driving home.

My mind falls back to Matsya and all the confusion about her. If this was some movie, I could imagine that they were twins, that the Matsya helping the kids was someone else. But the tone of her voice and the fact she quickly remembered my face is enough to rule that idea out.

Seriously though, what had happen? From a person who had a gun to my head to a person who gives medicine to the poor. I bite my lip as I recall her cut hand. Did she break into the pharmacy of something? How did she even get such a huge cut? Did she have a fist fight with someone who has a blade in order to win the medicine?

Maybe I'm thinking too highly of Matsya. After all, she is the person who held a gun to my head. Why did I even say yes to her getting in my car? Oh, right; the fact that she owns a gun.

Thank God or whoever is up there that she probably won't ever bump into me. She might erase my existence because I know too much. Why did I even ask her name? To stalk her Facebook? Find her on Instagram? Someone should smack me on my head next time.

There's zero point of stressing this out any more. It's not like Matsya is planning on bumping into me again. The car stops in front of my apartment and I quickly get out.

"So who was she?" Diego asks, sitting on my spare chair. The chair swirls to greet me and I sigh at him and his grinning face.

"What are you even happy about?" I question him. What's even his motive? It's not like having someone in my life will make any more of an impact than anyone who is already here.

"The last time you dated someone was three years ago! It's really sad for people who genuinely care about you," Diego replies. "Also, you've always got this angry face-"

"Nothing happened," I interrupt. "And can't a guy have a naturally angry face? What does anyone have to do with it?"

Peoplw can be single and statisfied with their lives. You don't need someone to make your 'life complete.' It seems more of nuisance anyways, the whole idea of falling in love. Who actually wants to risk their lives?

"Oh," he sighs. His face gives it away though, he's still smirking like he know something I don't.

"What is it?" I say as I flop onto my chair. My eyes refuse to meet his grinning ones and instead, I stare upon my desk which is filled with sheets to organize and edit. The papers seem blurry to me and I rub my eyes, the lack of sleep getting to me.