Chapter Two: Nirvaan's life

Nirvaan's POV

I frown at the words, trying to decipher them as I rub my forehead anticlockwise. My head make to attempts to help me, instead throbbing as I close my eyes, hoping to open my eyes to a world where I'm fully energetic.

When I open them, nothing happens. The clock keeps ticking increasing my headache as I stare at the words. I give up on the sheets, letting them sit at my desk as I look around my plain office.

It's pretty simple. There's glass doors that spread over a whole wall, letting me watch everyone walk around the office. The best thing is that no one can see me. The doors aren't lockable so every few minutes someone will barge in with work from my bosses.

A wooden desk spreads out before me, coated in papers covering the gloss wood. I tap my fingers across the smooth wood, looking at the knockoff painting behind my chair. The colors blend in perfectly. It was made by some street artist. This company is proud of supporting young kids in their careers which is so sweet.

Other than that, there's nothing to my office but cabinets that cover one wall and the wall that only has a window. The window just covers the whole wall, allowing me to see everything.

I open up my laptop and doc's automatically pops up. "Nirvaan!" A perky voice causes me to look up from my beloved laptop.

"Yes?" I watch Tina happily skip to my desk, shining with brightness. How is she so ridiculously happy? At this time of day, majority of humans are tired from work and are just wanting to go home.

She straightens her skirt which even looks happy. The yellow fabric reaches her knees where a white bag bangs against her pale knees. She moves her bag higher on her shoulder as she straightens her jet black bangs. "You should sound more chirpy. After all, I had to deal with you for so many years. It's the least you can do," she sighs.

I take a sip of water, rubbing my head again. "Completely your fault. I didn't promise you anything," I answer back at my best friend. She purses her lips, rolling her eyes as she does.

"Anyways, here's the folders you need to take to the bank," Tina says, slamming the papers on my desk. As she does, she grabs my green pen.

"What are you doing? That's my favorite pen," I complain, watching her click the pen. Her heels carry her halfway across the room before she found the need to flip her mid back hair and look at me.

"I didn't promise to not steal your pens," she smiles at me, widening her eyes to keep an innocent look. I roll my eyes as I sigh. That really was my favorite pen. It's green ink looks nice on paper despite the fact we're meant to use blue pens. Whoops.

I straighten the folders, promising to myself to get my pen back. Chances are low but I can't be bothered buying another illegal green pen. The door slide open once again, making me wish that I had a lock.

The door reveals a very annoyed Hispanic male. "I hate everyone, why are people so annoying?" Diego sighs, combing his brown hair in stress. Diego isn't usually annoyed normally but being the CEO of an company gets to you sometimes.

And today was one of those days. Diego curses in Spanish a few times and invites himself to my glass water. "Why is your water so warm?" The brunette complains, his face scrunched in disgust. His simple blue jeans and white shirt barely shows the career he's in, giving the illusion of a reckless male.

"Because you didn't get blinds for this room," I say, pointing at the fading rays of the sun. "Also probably because you just helped yourself to water that was mine."

"Or maybe you're some demon from hell and you instantly heat up everything you touch," Tina speaks, her eyes meeting mine.

"I'm not that hot guys," I roll my eyes. This demon thing could work. No more cold showers, easier to boil water and maybe I could burn people as well. Perfection.

"She's not even into your gender," Diego scoffs, his brown eyes twinkling as his features turn into a familiar smirk.

"It doesn't matter okay?" I argue. "She can still see so it's valid." Tina scowls, probably coming up with a insult. I lean upward, grabbing the folder. "Sorry to leave this party but I actually need to go and drop these papers off."

"Aww don't you love me?" Diego fake cries, his brown skin shining in the sunlight. Tina starts laughing, taking off her white glasses as she does.

"No," I reply, already walking off. Diego mutters something, most likely in his mother tongue. I slide the glass doors shut, fixing my suit as I carry on walking towards my car.

How was the chapter? Boring, I know. The next chapter is honestly better than this (lol I wrote it like six months ago a long with the first chapter).

Tina is from Thailand if you guys are wondering. I wanted more diversity in this book because I mainly have desi characters lol.

Vote?

- Maya.