Chapter 25: Matsya

how amazing is the new cover? made by anveshi-! the stunning gif to the side is also made by her!

edit above made by gul! Reid-I-Gul it's so beautiful!

Matsya's POV/ a few minutes earlier:

MY HEART THUMPS, with an unknown feeling that sets fire to every part of my body. I want to leave. I want to go home -- a home with someone I loved instead of facing the potential death of the only person who cares about me. Amir, unknowing the amount of emotions that burns me, watches Nirvaan with a smirk.

I wanted to slap him. I want to do something but I'm trapped by my sweaty hands and his threats. Threats of him torturing Nirvaan. It's easier for him, and me, for him to be quickly shot and killed off . . . But at the same time, I'm so so sorry.

I'm so sorry I ever talked to him, about that day when we became friends on that terrace. I wish I never saw him. All because of me, he's sitting on the ground with his eyes widen in fear. He knows death is near, that he'll be dead in a few moments -- all because of me, and my selfish reasons.

I bite lip, tears threatening to spill. It's strange; in all of my years of living, I have never felt sadness or regret so strongly until now. It's as if Nirvaan flipped a switch in me, turned all the emotions on.

Amir moves the gun higher, moving or directly towards Nirvaan and I do the unthinkable. As soon as he tries to pull the trigger, I shove him, the gun hitting the floor and a scream being heard from Nirvaan. With panicked eyes, I look up to see Nirvaan clutching his arm with gritted teeth.

"I am so sick of you, of the way you pretend to love me with your manipulation, this friendship that should've died along with our parents -- why can't you just let me be happy?" I ask him, my hands waving wildly as he watches me with a stunned gaze. His eyes betray his agape mouth, showing his sadness to me.

He had held that same gaze when I had found him downstairs with all the dead bodies, when I had raced downstairs with my hands gliding on the wooden rail and a smile on my face to only see blood everywhere and tears in Amir's eyes.