Chapter 21: The Moon and Sun Have Met.

Varun Dhawan as Daksh

Matsya hangs up the phone call, her eyes barely glancing at the screen again before she closes it. "Daksh will probably come soon," she says, her eyes setting themselves on me where it remains. I wonder if she sees me the same way as I see her; as my destruction and my polar opposite. 

Perhaps there was a reason why left and right never meet, why west never meets the east and why the sun and moon never collide. It's impossible for them to meet together but that never ends the longing. 

But from the way it looks like right now, it seems if the longing is over and the moon and sun have met. 

"Who's Daksh?" I ask, wanting to change the topic before I start to speak more negative words. Matsya walks over to the door, opening it the hallway. I hoist my bag over my shoulder which contains nothing besides a spare change of clothes, food, money, and tissues. My phone aimlessly sits on top of my bed, an entire room away. Matsya said that phones can track us down. 

"Our getaway driver. It'll be fishy if we drove in Amir's car and he can track us down," she replies, glancing around the door before ushering me out of my home. "We have to catch a taxi to this rundown car park first. Otherwise, Amir can see what car we get into through the surveillance camera."

"Matsya, don't you think you're overthinking this?" I question, raising an eyebrow. 

"Amir is ruthless. A single mistake can be our death sentence, why don't you understand? If it's not bad enough, he has men all over this country that know what I look like. It'll just take him a single text and I'll never be safe for the rest of my life," she describes, stopping to look at me in the eyes. Her eyes however find themselves drifting away from me and taking obvious glances to all the neighbor's homes. "Enough talking, we should go now."

I hold onto her wrist, my touch soft but it still makes her look back. Her brown eyes scan mine and I watch her expressions with slight horror. Matsya is afraid - she's truly and completely afraid of Amir. "It'll be okay Matsya," I say, trying to reassure her. 

She shakes her head no and that's how I found out it won't be. Tears are evident in her eyes, pooling in the darkness of her eyes. How will life ever be okay again when my best friend is dead and a don is determined to crush whatever happiness I have left? How can I be okay when my mind keeps drifting off to Tina and how I can't even cry for her. I can't even grieve for my best friend, for the only person who supported me throughout my entire life because I'm afraid for my own life. Her killer is still alive, rich and happy and Tina is looted of all these things because she was an extra that wasn't needed for him. 

Everything won't ever be okay because I'll always be reminded of the pool of blood surrounding her head, I'll always have a don after me, and whenever I look in Matsya's eyes, I won't be reminded of love, I'll be reminded of Tina's death.