Chapter Fifteen: Hot Pools

I move away from Matsya quickly, my eyes focusing on the city lights. Matsya steps away from me, ensuring the distance between us will never lead to another hug. The wind blows, filling the air with the scent of Matsya's shampoo.

"I think we should go now," I say, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. She nods, turning around. Ever since her confession, she's been quieter than usual as if she's stuck on what to think and what not to.

I start to walk, my eyes firmly on Matsya who still stands at the concrete slab which parts her from plummeting to the ground. "Matsya?" I call her name out while still walking. I've tilted my head to look at her and I catch a sight of her eyes widening as a warning.

"Nirvaan!" she calls out, her eyes still widen as she watches me take another step. I turn around just in time, spotting the water. My heart stops completely as if it's frozen in time.

My foot lands in the water first, feeling the frosty chill of the water before the rest of my body is submerged. It's only when my chest is in the water when my foot taps on the floor of the pool and I push myself up.

I start to cough hysterically, shivering as I hear Matsya chuckling. "How did you not see the pool?" she asks, chuckling while I shiver. My eyes adjust to the change of light and I look around, spotting the fact I'm in a small pool. It's a hot tub, round and quite big. Whoever it's for must have been a giant, the water actually manages to by itself up to my chest.

"Why would you have a hot pool here?!" I ask, looking around the pool. There's none other around here, it's the only odd one here. Matsya's laughs haven't still calmed down even after the death glare I give her. Her laugh sounds adorable and after a moment, I roll my eyes instead of glaring.

"You got to admit it's funny. You look so lost," Matsya says. I can barely make out the words she says due to the fact she's laughing so hard. I stand up, my suit sticking to me like an extra skin. Matsya starts to walk over towards me, handing a hand out to me.
I take it and with a grin, I pull it closer to me. Obviously, Matsya doesn't expect it. She's already laughing too hard to doubt me on anything and when she finds herself crashing into my wet chest, she didn't expect it. Her hair whips me in my face causing me to lean back as I inhale a closeup of her perfume.

"Oh shit, you've gotten me wet as well," Matsya sighs, taking her hand out of mine to look over the damage. My suit wasn't wet enough to add any damage to hers and she starts to laugh when she realizes that the only thing I got soaked of hers was her arm.

I step out of the hot pool, my teeth chattering as Matsya chuckles beside me. As I yawn, I lean my hand back in the water and scoop up a handful of water. Matsya stops laughing, watching my actions with a grin. "Try me," she says, laughing.

I throw the water and she moves away quickly, raising an eyebrow. "That's all you have?" she mocks me, biting her lip to contain another set of laughs.

"I w-would be a-able to t-throw better if it wasn't s-so c-cold," I stutter. With a sigh, I drop the next handful of water. "C-can you find me a t-towel?" I ask, watching the water drip off me. I peel off my jacket, the clothing feeling heavy on me.

"As long as you don't strip down to nothing, sure," Matsya comments, eyeing my jacket up. I let it fall to the ground, covering my chest by folding my arms. The white shirt is like glue, it follows each movement of my stomach and chest.

"Where would I even get a towel from?" She adds on, her nose raised at my suit. I shrug, sighing as I sit down on the edge of the tub. "What should I do? Ask random people until I find one?"

"Yeah. J-just say s-something along the l-lines of my r-room ran out of t-towels," I stutter, the cold freezing over my body. I'm still shaking and Matsya looks genuinely concerned.