Chapter 1️⃣4️⃣ Long Talks and Acceptance

Selena's POV

Some how we end up in this position. Her heads on my lap as I'm resting my back on the wall beside the bed. My fingers are playing with her hair. And she's slowly trying to stop crying.

"It's okay honey. I know how it feels. I really don't do," my broken voice says.

"No you don't! Your mom isn't dead! You have a father! Parents that love you hat aren't dead!" She sniffs.

"I'll tell you my story," I whisper.

"My mother was pregnant. I was only 15. I had a younger sister, Samantha. She was about 12. And a best friend, Clair. The three of us were so happy that my mom was pregnant. Heck my dad was!" I start my story.

"When my dad found out he said he wanted the best for this baby. So he started to make companies. Big companies. Once my mom was one week away from her delivery. She was in a car accident. Her and Samantha. Me and Clair were at school. And dad was at work. As soon as the light turned green mom made her way across the lane."

"A drunk truck driver hit her. Making the car flip so many times. She was 9 months pregnant! When they took her to the hospital they said my mom was in coma. Before she went into coma she gave birth to my little sister. Sophie. Samantha was okay. Not to bad."

"Four months of my mom in coma and me watching over Sophie my moms heart stops. I was there. Me, Clair, Samantha, and Sophie. The nurses and doctors rushed in. Not to long later they came out with the bad news. My heart broke into a million pieces. They said she had a tumor." By now the whole family were sitting here.

"The doctor said maybe if we had known she had a tumor things would have been a little easier. But they said she lost so much blood it still would have been hard. My dad blamed it all on Sophie. Saying If Sophie was even existing my mom wouldn't have been dead." My voice sounded so broken as I let out soft cries.

"My mom wrote a will 8 months before. Like she new this was coming. I couldn't even BELIVE she left us. My father wanted to disown Sophie. I couldn't let that happen. I fought with him in the hospital. I was crying my eyes out with an old nurse comforting me. He told me I can take her. He will give me 1 million dollars every month. He will pay for a house and maids for me. He told me I wouldn't be able to be with Sophie. So I put her in a care home. Until I'm 18. Which is tomorrow."

"The nurse told my father I Could stay with her. So I've lived with Arabella since. Her husband; Jack was like a father to me. They have a son Noah. He was engaged to his girlfriend; Ava that was pregnant. And since then they took me as family. It was me, Arabella, Jack, Noah, Ava, and the twins she has, Jaxon and Jazzy." My face was red along with Linda's and Ella's face.

The twins looked like they understood but Mercury was silent crying in her brothers arms. Eric look so hurt. He look brown as well.

Ella looked at me and my tears came crashing down. She hugged me and cried with me. Linda was crying into Eric's arms. I cried and cried.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I really am sorry. I will try my best to accept you. Try my best to accept you as my mother. Just give me time," I smiled as Ella as she tried not to cry again.

"I understand. I will never try to replace you mom. But I will always be there and act like a mother to you."

*******

After our little talk we were sitting and eating pizza and watching a movie.

"Mommy? Can I sit on your lap?" Mercury asked. I nodded and she hopped on my lap.

"I wanted to sit next to mummy!"

"It's okay Marcus. You can sit next to me or on my lap. There is room," his face lit up and he sat on my left leg while Mercury on my right.

They leaned into my arms and slowly closed their eyes.

Eric was beside Linda and Ella was sitting on the love seat alone. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

Marcus was slightly snoring. It was so faint. Mercury was in Deep sleep.

Eric looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back and he raised an eyebrow as if asking to take the kids to their room.

I nodded and he picked Marcus up and I help Mercury as walked behind him. He led me to a pink door and I smiled and walked in.

Her room was all pink! Like ALL of it. I giggled and laid her in the little bed with a Princess Aurora blanket. I lifted the covers and tucked her in. She slightly shivered and grabbed the blanket next to her bed and laid it across her body.

I smiled at her and kissed her hand softly. I stroked her hair and just stared at the little cute girl.

I kissed her head and got up. I was startled to see Eric there. He smiled at me and opened his arms. I walked into his arms and out my arms around his waist.

I guess we are a thing now?

He chuckled and I looked at him confused.

"You said that out loud," I hid my face into his chest and he chuckled once more.

"Yes. You are my girlfriend. As I'm your boyfriend. You are mine. And I'm yours."

I looked at him and smiled.

I kissed his cheek and was about to walk away when he pulled me back and kissed me on the lips. Sweet and and lightly.

He let me go and smiled at me.

I walked into living room and saw Linda asleep. Ella looked cold and I sat down on the couch.

She stared at me and her eyes looked like she was pleading me to do this.

I opened up my arms and she ran over to me with a blanket and jumped right into my arms. She smuggled into me and I kissed her head softly.

"Thanks mom."

She accepted me.