prologue

chapter one ;; prologue
jungkook's perspective
°..:*°

I lay down on my back, facing the high ceiling of my bedroom in a complete silence filled with warmth. Plastic stickers for stars are sloppily placed in some kind of formation, many gaps of white show through of an area that a star used to fill. I find the whole situation to be quite telling. Real stars die out after a period of time, and some of my stars have died out by the stickiness on their backs running out of grip.

My arm slowly reaches out for the ceiling, putting me in some sort of trance. I wish that I could touch the stars, the real stars, and watch them shine like the brightest light they are, wanting to see the ones that I've lost just one more time. I want to feel the warmth they transmit just like a lamp does after an hour of use, to feel the light singe on my finger once I touch it right on the power source. Although I'm left with plastic stars that glow in the dark, too high up to reach just like the real ones.

My head rolls to the right, glancing at the electronic clock on my nightstand with green glowing numbers. 1:34 am, except I'm still here in that of day-clothes. The lights may be off and I may appear to be asleep from the outside of my window, but my mind is very much awake, and I know that it's not retiring any time soon. I've fallen too deep into the 2am thoughts of my mind at only 1:30.

My brown eyes trail from my plastic stars to the world outside of my window, knowing just how much evil it contains in this moment, knowing that people are suffering even if it's at different extents. The stars almost seem like oasis' in a desert. Tonight they're extremely spread apart. At least they appear that way. It only makes them all the more like safe havens in the dark sky. Midnight blues mixed with blacks and warm mediums fill the atmosphere, permitting some kind of dust that would make most sleep, all but me in this moment.

I know that if this was some sort of a film, maybe a romance, the camera angle would come exactly from where my stars lay. My black hair would be sprawled out like an extremely short lion's mane. The baggy shirt of white would be falling off the sides of my fragile form in perfectly insinuated wrinkles. The blue of my pre-torn skinny jeans would be a beacon against my white bedsheets. I enjoyed the color white, neutral and soft yet packs a punch.

At this moment of peacefulness, I have the urge to speak, let out a soft hum of sorts, but I decide that it'd be better if I didn't. It's quite terrible how I'm silent at home just like I am at school. At times being silent was nice, knowing that no one would even dare to bother me as they knew that I wouldn't give the decency to answer, but at other times it was frustrating and made me want to tear my hair out as well as the abundance of earrings that occupy my small ear.

My small and red rosy lips do slowly part ever so slightly, and the faintness of a seventeen year old's voice is heard in my dead silent room. At that my eyes close, immersing myself as much as possible until the humming stops and the true darkness begins, filling my every being., my pores, my muscles, my tendons, ligaments, bones, and finally my mind. Dream World takes hold except it's very faint tonight, making sure to leave me with no memory of what my mind formed once morning comes.

Dreams are meant to be beautiful and they are, but when you think and you realize that dreams are only hallucinations in your mind while it's resting, they can't help but seem a little less magical than what they were before, and to others it can make them all the more beautiful.

----

new acc who dis

hello this is my first fic on this acc {yes, i have another acc but that's for phan}.
i hope u liked the prologue sort of thing altho it's p depressing.