blushing

chapter fifteen ;; blushing
jeongguk perspective
°..:*°

"Hey, Jeongguk, Seokjin called me earlier and asked if you'd want to go out with us." Taehyung speaks from his end of the line. It was currently Sunday morning and I had cherry chapstick on, unintentionally giving my lips a pinkish tint and semi-glossy appearance. It tasted good though, and it was an excuse to wear it even though I didn't need to.

I pull my lips together into a line, tasting the chemical yet sweet taste of something that's supposed to resemble cherries but doesn't work out so well. I'd still eat it if it were a fruit though, "I- I don't know..."

"Oh c'mon," Taehyung whines, and I can imagine his face screwing up in annoyance, "it'll be fun." He smiles in a persuading tone.

"What's in it for me?" My eyebrows raise even though Taehyung can't see. I can only hope that he can read me through the phone like I can with him.

"Ice cream."

"Okay, I'll go." A sigh passed my lips, praying that Taehyung didn't here it.

I don't want him to see me as a party-pooper, no matter how lame that sounds. Personally, going out with people is too much work for my liking, and no, I'm not lazy, it just physically drained me of all willpower. The whole idea practically made the word 'INTROVERTED' tattooed onto my forehead. My skin crawls with the thought of hanging around people I don't know.

Granted, I have Taehyung with me, but he'll end up getting swept away by the others, leaving me alone. Surely Seokjin may pay some attention and try to keep me company while Taehyung turns into a different person, his true self. It was evident that I changed Taehyung and held him down. He was usually loud and rambunctious, and I needed to accept that, no matter how hard it was for me to.

"Good, I'll come inside now."

"What?" I loudly hiss and jump out of my bundle of comforter. My large boxers drop at my upper-mid thigh, and my baggy white shirt ends at the top of my thighs, "Tae, I'm not even dressed." Running over to the large window in the front of my home, I see Taehyung leaning against the side of his car, legs crossed and mischievous smirk evident. The sight chilled me to the bone.

Taehyung laughs, and I watch his head shake out of the clear and not-so-well-cleaned window. There were multiple smudges originating from my fingertips due to nights of gazing up at the sky in wonderment and dumbly trying to count every star I saw. The only problem was that I didn't realize the earth was rotating at 1,600 kilometers per hour, "Don't get worked up about it, you're just a boy." I'm just a boy sticks in my ears, "I'll just stay downstairs until you come down, and I already know that you're front door is unlocked as always, so there's no need to come see me at all."

"Fine...I'll be down in a little." I mumble into the receiver and hang up, quickly rushing into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my bird's nest for hair. It made me wonder what nightmare I'd had at night to cause the knots.

Taehyung probably knows that I have bad dreams; he's seen me sleep, meaning that he's seen me toss and turn in fear of a force that I myself didn't even know about after I woke up.

I hear the front door opening, followed by footsteps walking down the hallway that leads into the small living room. All I had was two whir love seats that weren't very comfortable at all. It's not like I ever had multiple guests over, so I found it pointless to buy good furniture that would never be used. My dad said that he'd pay for most of the expenses, but I want nothing to do with him; although I have to take his money because if I didn't, I'd be ultimately homeless...or dead.