bath bomb

chapter twenty-three ;; bath bomb
jeongguk's perspective
°..:*°

Watching the colors swirl through my dreams, glitter infused and turning the skin a blue masked sheen, I felt like I was lucid dreaming. I was very aware my body was not placed in the same bed it fell asleep in. And my god, I was dreaming. For years, my brain was deprived from the feeling, from the flying feeling that makes you feel like you're about to fall any moment. People would usually revolt at the way my body fell for hours on end, but I was relishing in the wind breaking through my fingertips.

Glitter soaked my body, entering every crevice and pore of my pure and opened being. The eyes are the window to the soul, and right now my whole body was glass. I felt immaculate, settled, free, no longer prompt with nightmares of undeniable darkness. It's like the stars on my white ceiling that had begun to fall, dying off the with the stickiness on their backs, were finally forming something, helping me the way I always desired, a light, a guide, a hand.

A warm hand, a firm hand, a hand with no distinct owner outstretched towards me with the glimmer of a thousand stars. His face was blank, shoulders broad and arms strong. Hands almost as coarse as bark took hold of mine, drawing me up and up until we broke through water the held in a pond situated in the sky, only to be met with a galaxy of pink. It swirled and swirled, and at the same time my eyes mixed with hues of green and blue, sending an overdrive of exuberance to break about. My skin shimmered a mint tinge as my eyes mixed with a rainbow.

Deepened air that held an undeniably shivering expression drew across my neck in a softened manner, my rainbow eyes beginning to settle into a clear crystal blue, and the man I decided to call Mr. Tan, due to his skin on undeniably lean arms around my waist, drawing me backwards as we both stumbled like drunks. Instead of disgusting liquor coursing down my throat with a burn so powerful, I tasted lemonade devilishly cherry. As the elixir ran down, Mr. Tan drew closer as a heated touch was pushed onto my forehead-

My eyes spring open with a gasp, breath heavy and chest rising with such a velocity it was confusing. Light from stars streamed through my blinds, casting highlights of organic shapes across me and whoever had their arms wrapped around my waist. It really was no mystery, looking down to see tanned arms, soft with the exception of the hands. Taehyung brings his face away from mine after planting a soft kiss onto my forehead. Secretly, I adored them, enjoying how they felt against my skin.

Whatever dream of expression filled bath bombs my mind had conjured completely dissipated and left me in a state of nostalgia. It's like if I still reached my skinny arm up now and twisted my finger around, I'd be able to swirl it in the upside down pond that unleashes into a world of pink glitter.

"Go back to sleep and rest some more." He finally whispers into my shoulder, circling his thumb around my protruding hipbone, "It's still early." Taehyung allows his eyes to flutter back shut, long eyelashes spilling over like butterfly wings.

"What time is it?" I hesitantly ask into the quiet, blank room.

It was an attempt to keep Taehyung awake with me as long as possible, not wanting to be left in a lonely darkness where my mind would be bound to wander. Right now was not the time for me to deeply think like always. Taehyung opens his eyes once more with a slight struggle. It was the same as being met with organic honey and somehow made me tired in the process.

He lifts his head up, leaning over me in order to look at the clock. A tanned neck thinly showcased in front of me eyes, tendons showing with the tilt of a head. It looked pretty, and I was about to reach out and trace the intended lines that looked winsome with my tongue until he lazily laid back down. The sound of pillows and sheets being smacked down with force followed as he let a slight exhale escape his lips, eyes shutting but instead facing the plastic stars and not me.