terrorizing pub

chapter thirty-nine ;; terrorizing pub
jeongguk's perspective
°..:*°

There was a reeking stench emitting from the door that kept opening and closing. Sober and happy people went inside, stumbling drunks came out. I had firmly proclaimed where I stood, not allowing myself to enter the large pub that was roaring with business. It was not like I could even have a drink, my birthday only being less than a month away. So here I was, a seventeen year old boy awaiting to be swept away. All of my friends were inside, leaving me on the curb outside since drinking was more important.

What hurt the most was how Taehyung did nothing to stand up for me. I couldn't necessarily blame him. He was already tipsy on their entering. Evidently, all of the boys made up, except for Seokjin and Namjoon, really. There was still a deep gash which was impossible to hide, ending up with Namjoon doing shots with the others. It instantly broke the suffocating barrier, the intended outcome that they were all calling for. After getting buzzed at the restaurant we went to, Yoongi thought that it'd be fun to go to the new pub at the corner, and here we were.

I should really classify 'we' as 'they'. I didn't want to go inside, instantly turning down the sour and pungent liquid, yet Taehyung happily took a small and clear glass with a sad smile. He was hurting, and he was hiding it with alcohol. It must've been the way Taehyung was brought up, taught and shown that drinking alcohol masks away pain for a short while made up of long, twisted hours. People drink to forget but always remember.

After being casted aside for far too long, finding that the curb was getting too uncomfortable to sit on, and my phone battery was dropping immensely, I finally took up the courage and strength to enter. A puff of air hit my face as I swung the door up with slim hands, being taken into a warmth contrasting with the cold and outside world holding stars. The inside was extremely packed, and it impossible to pin point my friends I currently couldn't stand. It was hurting me just to walk inside, bullet wounds being driven through my chest while people shoved into me. I didn't dodge the pain, just denied that they it me.

"Taehyung?" I call out with a slight cry, heart racing and eyes wanting to squeeze shut in fear and panic, "T-Taehyung?" My small voice calls out much louder this time, stomping my feet onto the hard wood flooring that was sticky and slippery in spots, but it only blends into the loud music and chatter.

"Little Princess, stop shouting." An older man says with annoyance, putting a bottle of beer in my face, "'Ere, take a drink and calm down, will you?" The top had already been taken off, and an abnormally foaming bottle. He had already drugged the substance inside. I pushed it away in an instant.

"No thank you, I'm only here to find my friends." And he did nothing else to bother me. The man must want someone gullible and much more tipsier than I.

With a face held high and nose stuck up, my feet walk over to the crowded bar, pushing around people to achieve the front. An attractive male stands before me, pink streaks running through his brown hair and black shirt tightly clinging to his tanned body in wrinkles, "Can I help you?" He deeply asks with a glance but continues to mix exotic drinks coming out as bright colors in martini glasses.

"There's a man over there in his mid-40s, greying hair with stubble and a red flannel with blue jeans. He's drugging drinks." The boy only a couple years older than me puts down a bottle of vodka and quickly rushes over, sending a quick 'thank you' before leaving.

"There you are." A familiar voice says from behind, hooking their arm around my small shoulders. I lightly smile toward the anxiety fleeing my bones, undeniably grateful that I've found the people I'd been searching for. He laughs from behind, putting his bottle of hard lemonade onto the counter placed in front of me, "I'm surprised that you came inside here. You've told me that you don't like alcohol."