thank you for taking care of me

chapter thirteen ;; thank you for taking care of me
jeongguk's perspective
°..:*°

I woke up in the middle of the night to a loud clap of thunder that started with a bright bolt of lightning. As my still groggy mind stares outside of the window close to my bed, my eyes lazily watch the rain stream down my window and lightning flash across the world, illuminating me in horror movie angles. A sigh escapes the lips of the boy that tightly holds me to his chest from behind, practically spooning my body against his.

My hand is used as an extra padding to cradle my head, and a pit of bile is clearly tasted in my mouth. I already know that I'll soon be heaving over the toilet, trying to throw up contents that I don't have. Acid reflux had always been a pained battle with me, but the medication had been stupidly ignored.

Taehyung pulls me closer to him while mumbling incoherent sounds. I was still flustered about what happened earlier, the way that I blacked out and didn't know what was going on. My brain completely mouth functioned, and I thought that Taehyung was a different person completely, which is the whole reason as to why I lashed out the way I did. Anxiety and fear built up inside until it retaliated against my every being, "V..." My hands slowly move to his, trying to carefully undo the tightness of them clasped together that hold my torso, "please, let go. I need to go." The feeling of nausea fills my head, screwing my face into disgust at the putrid feeling.

I finally pull his arms apart, allowing myself to slide out before bolting out of the room and towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut. There was no time to even turn the light on, and that's why I'm leaning over the toilet, on my knees, while dry heaving in pitch black. Chills run down my spine as my body desperately searches for something to get out- anything, and so the whole process becomes a lot more painful very fast as contents rise in my throat with no liquid to help.

"Jeongguk...?" A familiar voice sounds from the other side of the door. The calmness and serenity of the deepened voice helps in only the slightest, "I'm coming in, a-alright?" He continues, and without even giving me time to respond, Taehyung opens up the door to witness me at my true lowest once he flips the switch.

I was expecting him to walk right out again, disgusted by the sight of me coughing and practically crying into the toilet bowl, but his light and firm footsteps only draw closer. Taehyung's knees crack as he kneels by my side, placing his large hand onto the small of my back and running it up and down. Finally, some things do come out with almost excruciating pain, and that's when I begin to sob. It burns. God, it fucking burns, like the claws of a flame are climbing up and out from my quivering stomach, "Shhhh, shhhh, stay calm, you're okay." Taehyung whispers, staring over at me, and I squeeze my eyes tightly shut as more things leave my stomach. I just want the pain to go away.

Taehyung's hand leaves my back for only a moment before returning it again, this time making sure to have it go under my baggy, white shirt. The tears stream as yet another round of retching runs through at terrifying speed. Thunder continues to boom, matching the state of my body as the rain signifies my tears. Warmth is felt on my forehead due to Taehyung putting my long fringe behind my ear the best he can to get it out a my face, a soft sigh escaping his lips, "Guk," he starts, grabbing one of my hands that grips tightly onto the side of the toilet bowl and putting it into his own, "you have a high fever. You're staying home today, and I'm going to stay with you, okay?" I vigorously nod my head as the awful pain slowly begins to die down once the hurling ends. Taehyung grabs ahold of the toilet paper roll and tears off a few squares before handing it to me, "Wipe off your mouth while I get you cold water."