forgiveness is a virtue

before we start anything, shout out to the lovELy person who did a drawing for pretty boy!! i love it sm nd it's so nice save me.

their instagram: judd_x
their wattpad: judisutive

----

chapter thirty-seven ;; forgiveness is a virtue
third person
°..:*°

There was an unforgettable drag to every time Jimin's arms loosely swung. He was sad, there was no lie about that, and it was almost as if everything was back to square one. Except Jimin wasn't mad, oh no, he was instead hateful, hateful towards himself, to be exact. Once again, it was his false. The weight being pushed down onto his shoulders slowly moved to his lungs, suffocating instead of endlessly clinging. All Jimin wanted was forgiveness, for a new start and a new way to approach things.

He was the only reason as to why the cute boy left.

He was the one who spoke the wrong name at the one time.

He was the one who did nothing to have him stay.

There was a sluggish ring to his new found courage, wanting to make things right. Jimin didn't care if had to beg because he would in fact get on his knees with a quivering lip and hands clasped together.

It was almost a reflex, the way the younger's name flew past his lips with gratification. It had rang through and against the walls of his bedroom, coating the atmosphere. The defining and deafening silence was the worst part, an uneasiness ghosting over. A warm hand slowly backed away with a body. Jimin knew Yoongi was waiting for him to speak, to say something else, to fight for his leaving body to continue, but there were no words leaving his lips as he himself was frozen in place.

With a thin film of sweat covering both of their bodies, Jimin observed the elder take shaky movements. Yoongi's hand reached out and retrieved the shed items of clothing, quickly putting his legs through the tight skinny jeans and deciding to put his shirt back on later. Jimin's parents weren't home, so it didn't matter if he trailed through the house with messy hair while half naked.

One last glance, a set of eyes both put in the same situation. Jimin felt as if Yoongi had the right to speak first, to confirm what he heard was true. There must've been no point as Jimin's guilt filled eyes that used to contain such lust dulled down more and more.

For once, he felt as if his anger disorder didn't define him, being handled in the hands of the elder boy who just slammed the bedroom door shut. Instead of Jimin's moan loudly stuttering out 'Jeongguk' ringing through the empty house, it was the sound of booming footsteps flying down a set of stairs.

Yoongi wasn't the only one hurt that day. In a split second, a fraction of a moment, Jimin understood why Yoongi had agreed to nearly having sex. He had already confessed the truth to his one and only best friend, Jung Hoseok, the one Jimin was stupidly jealous over but had to remember his own goal was to only be Yoongi's friend. Yoongi had cried to Jimin, told him how terrible he felt, how he couldn't take the guilt any longer, and just like that, his lips were somewhat hungrily on the younger's. He felt used but in such a wanted way.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Jimin repeated the words to himself as a mumble, each one having a different tone and meaning.

He knew he was sorry for saying the wrong name, but he couldn't help but feel the need to be sorry for something more than that. Maybe he should also be sorry for comforting Yoongi in the wrong way. Jimin knew he was sad and already felt horrible for practically losing his best friend, but Jimin let his own feelings get in the way. Jimin felt like it was a good time to insinuate something, and when Yoongi only responded in a positive and hungry way, he felt like what he was doing was right, but maybe, just maybe, he was wrong.