car ride

chapter nine ;; car ride
taehyung's perspective
°..:*°

My eyes flutter open, adjusting to the extremely bright and unfamiliar room. A weight residing comfortably on my chest, instantly calming down in something reassuring. The sunlight from Jeongguk's blind-covered window covers the both of his in a striped pattern as I look down at Jeongguk who was now completely clutching onto me like his life depended on it.

His black fringe partially covers his closed eyes, a soft snore emitting from his rosy lips that are ever so slightly parted. His arm wraps around my waist as I find myself holding onto his body as a whole. I've never slept with a boy like this. I've never held a boy so intimately, yet I was enjoying how peaceful it was.

Jeongguk mumbles something hoarse, and I pull him closer to me once again. He quickly fights against grip, thrashing around in a way, and I immediately let go, terrified and scrambling off of his bed to find myself falling into the floor. His body flings upwards and he sits there for a moment, eyes widened and heavily breathing. Jeongguk's lips have fully pulled apart, and I take this moment of serenity to observe his profile, although it doesn't last once Jeongguk looks down at me from the bed.

"V?" He whispers in disbelief, crawling to the edge of the bed in order to meet my gaze. I'm currently situated on the carpeted ground, arms up on his bed in a crossed fashion, needing to look up at him.

Jeongguk's face is extremely close to mine, gulping, "Yeah?" I softly ask the younger boy who's currently on his hands and knees.

"Wh-Why are you here?" His head tilts to the side, and I mimic his action, a feeling of nostalgia taking over.

"Because you asked me to be here." I tell him, tilting my head up to look at his confused gaze better, subconsciously running my index finger on the back of his hand. Jeongguk doesn't seem to take much notice to it either.

"I did?"

"You did." I beam up at him, finding this scene that's unfolding to be unbelievably too cute for his own good "Do you not remember calling me?"

"No, n-not...not really." Jeongguk stutters, looking down at my finger running across the back of his hand. He does nothing to protest the action, easily accepting it and putting me at some sort of ease.

"You called me up last night while crying." I tenderly explain, not wanting to embarrass him, although he shies away still. I can't help but laugh.

"God, that's so embarrassing." Jeongguk mumbles and puts his head down, having his forehead rest on my arm.

"It really wasn't." I quickly reassure, "I enjoyed helping you."

His head instantly lifts up, eyes meeting mine, "R-Really?"

"Well, yeah," I pause for a moment, thinking of what to say that would work, "it was oddly gratifying." The corners of Jeongguk's lips twitch upwards.

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me." I sadly say, "Now...get dressed, we're still going to school."

Jeongguk's looks up at me with an unamused face before shouting a sound of annoyance for going to school. What a child. I stand up from the floor and make my way to the door, not missing the terrified look that takes over Jeongguk's face once he thinks I'm not looking. I never asked why Jeongguk awoke the way he did, but I didn't wish to start the day on a dark note.

----

"But what are you going to wear?" Jeongguk asks and follows me around the kitchen like a child who's too scared to leave their mother's side.