first cycle

chapter fifty-six ;; first cycle
third person
°..:*°

"Baby, you're so loopy." Taehyung laughs, watching his fiancé look around the hospital room with widened eyes. They were currently giving him a mixture of who knows what to really prepare his body for the hard stuff.

"I want candy." Jeongguk pouts, looking at the gorgeous man next to him, "Gosh, you're so pretty." The younger's eyes widen even more, smile bright, "Are we...dating?" His voice was breathy and full of amazement, like a grown baby who's mind stayed the same since age three.

Taehyung could only lean forward and place a peck onto Jeongguk's dry lips, "Fiancé, actually-"

"I have a fiancé?!" Jeongguk shouts and shoots up into a tall sitting position. Taehyung had to beckon him to lay back down with a light touch and softened words, "But I'm so young, like, thirteen years old."

Taehyung's eyebrows furrow together, "You're not thirteen."

"Really?" He questions in bewilderment, "My whole life is a lie."

"Dear god, where the fuck are the others?" Taehyung mumbles, not sure if he'll be able to deal with a high and rambunctious Jeongguk on his own.

"Potty word!" The small boy puts his index finger in front of Taehyung's face and jabs at his lips, "My fiancé does not say potties."

"You've said quite a few potty words in some situations too, baby." Taehyung smirks and winks.

"...You said that I wasn't young. Why are you calling me baby?" The older male softly laughs, ruffling his hair.

"You're cute when you're loopy."

"You think I'm cute?!" Jeongguk nearly screams and almost falls off the side of the bed, full of glee, "He thinks I'm cute! He thinks I'm cute!" The young male squeals, pulling out the last cute.

"You seriously need to stop watching Rudolph." Taehyung drones.

"Do you think I could be Rudolph? Is my nose red?" Jeongguk sticks his face in front of Taehyung's, trying to give him a better view of his nose, "Maybe if I really try," he begins in a whisper and the latter is how honest to god trying not to cackle, "it'll glow." Jeongguk ends firmly, making a strong pouting face with furrowed eyebrows and a pushed out lip.

"Okay, don't shit your brain out. I'm sorry, Guk, but you're not Rudolph."

A loud sigh follows, "A thirteen year old boy can dream."

"You're not thirteen."

"Oh yeah-" A knock on the door prevents Jeongguk from saying anything else stupid. Taehyung truly wishes he would've recorded the young boy who was staring at the door, "Maybe it's Rudolph." He whispers with hope, nudging Taehyung's arm slightly.

"We have arrived with- goddamnit."

"Potty word!" Jeongguk hollers and points his finger harshly at Namjoon, who has just dropped a container of green chili pepper pickles.

The one being yelled at just scoffs, "I don't remember you adopting a three year old." Namjoon comments, bending down to pick up the plastic container and placing it onto the side table.