read out loud

chapter seven ;; read out loud
jeongguk's perspective
°..:*°

As I shout, a long beep goes with it.

There's no more warmth on my hand but rather coldness. The salty stream which falls down my face is the only heat that shows on my numb body while I'm thrown back, further and further into the dark.

----

The carpet of my bedroom comes quick into my blurry view as I slam my body down onto the ground. My black hair sticks to my forehead from sweat while I pant. The booming in my chest is so loud and it reminds me that I'm still alive for some cruel reason, and my index finger slowly runs across the tan fibers, wanting to be engulfed by them in this very moment.

It hurts, laying on the ground like this. Each rough carpet fiber that's twisted with more carpet fibers to make a spindle of carpet fibers which creates the large carpet itself is felt across my bare skin. The feeling is itchy and unbearable, turning my milky white skin red with irritation. The brown orbs that I claim as my eyes look around the room in complete silence other than the birds chirping in an unwanted and untuned song, sounding like they're having a fight instead of actually beautifully communicating.

The stars were gone and I was stripped from my hoodie and sweatpants, assuming that I had yanked them off while sleeping. Instead of a sky filled with orbs of plasma as hot as our own star, the sun, pinks and purples roam through the classroom that is our atmosphere, slowly growing up into shades of blue.

Our sky was something of reality. The early morning hours of youth sway and wisp in individuals hues of technicolor. But quickly, so quickly, those colors are stripped an instead show that of a singular blue. A blank slate hammered into our brains to nothing but the same, singular carbon copies of the ones next to us.

It's crestfallen, but that's what pessimists do...we think in shadows.

----

"Jeongguk," Jimin says from across the lunch table as I stare intently towards the brown haired boy with green highlights in his bangs that rest just at his eyebrows. His mouth was currently turned into a rectangle as his eyes turned into crescents; he was smiling so widely. I trail my bored eyes over to whomever is making Taehyung so smiley this morning, and a beautiful girl- that one cheerleader -sits across from him, "Jeongguk!" The shout makes me jump, and while my body jolts, Taehyung's eyes lock with mine for a short-lived moment.

"Yeah?" Though my tone rings clarity, my mind remains bugged out by the sudden interruption.

"What up with you lately?"

"What do you mean?" It's distantly spoken, my mind still occupied with Taehyung. Eyes shyly returned towards the elder's direction, we meet one another half way.

Jimin lets out a sigh, running his fingers against the fiber of his orange hair that falls in layers, "See, you're doing it again." A voice pulls me out of my thoughts once more.

"What do you mean?" I ask again, perplexed by what he's observing.

"You're not acting right." Jimin's voice sadly speaks as I continue to observe Taehyung in a secretive manner, but he's constantly staring back. What does this boy want, a staring contest?, "What are you even staring at?" Jimin's voice booms in disbelief, abruptly turning around to follow my gaze. Taehyung's view returns to the girl once Jimin spins in his chair towards the tanner's area.

"I'm staring at nothing."

"Don't lie to me. You were staring at something." He retorts, turning back around to face me.