bonfire flames

chapter forty-two ;; bonfire flames
third person
°..:*°

The doorbell rung, sending a proper blaring sound throughout the mansion and implicating someone was standing at the door. Jeongguk's shoulders stiffened at the sound, not wanting to deal with others today or any other day to follow. All he wanted was to spend time with Taehyung, his new lover, who had become much more comfortable around the younger. The said boy grabs ahold of his partner's small hand, rough skin against smooth knuckles and helps him off of the couch. Jeongguk had been quite silent after breakfast.

Yoongi walked over first with Jimin at his side, the two practically in a perfect and harmonized synch. They were never out of line from the other, practically the exact opposite of Jeongguk and Taehyung. There was a difference between the boys, a wide gap of silence to rambunctious behavior, unlike Jimin and Yoongi who seemed almost the same.

Jeongguk was tired, nevertheless, resting his head onto Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung was surprised by the gesture and placed a soft kiss onto Jeongguk's head. The younger boy only hummed out a soft laugh, finding an action like that to be cute.

Taehyung was admiring Jeongguk, to speak the truth, absolutely taken away from how many sides there were to him. Different emotions packed all into a small person who held such actions and thoughts of wonderment. He was unbelievably pleased to end up with him.

"Namjoon." Yoongi smiles, although faltered, already seeming to know of what's to come, ultimately praying for no tears nor fights to be a broken. They've all had enough of depressing moods and violent movements throughout the group of six that had collapsed with the 'addition' of Jeongguk.

"Hello," Dimples show, sad dimples that screamed frustration and pain. The dimples matched his eyes, begging for some kind of mercy once meeting Jeongguk's, sucking in his cheeks slightly before looking away. There was still a bog between the two, something unpredictable and dangerous. As always, Jeongguk feared the worst, "Seokjin should be walking up the path by now. He was a bit nervous to come."

"As we all are," Taehyung adds, trying to brighten up the tense and suffocating mood with a light tone and the quick sway of an arm to wrap around another. Jeongguk flinched at the movement, causing Taehyung to loosen the grip he didn't realize was so tight. There were already small bruises in the shape of fingerpads trailing amongst Jeongguk's thighs and hips, some sheepishly trailing along his back end, "but I'm glad that you guys came. As Yoongi said, we just need to clear this whole thing up and simply talk."

About what?, Jeongguk thinks in frustrated confusion. There was nothing to talk about or settle. He couldn't grasp his usually wide mind around whatever they wished to talk about. Of course, there'd be discussions on the Seokjin and Jeongguk situation but what else?

"Yeah, right." Namjoon smiles once more, showing no teeth but face soon becoming serious at the touch of a double-jointed hand on his shoulder from behind.

Taehyung and Jeongguk both observed with intent eyes, the younger not being able to look once Seokjin's usually harmless and practically flawless face showed. There was no greeting feeling or motherly vibe, sadness encrypted from sleepless nights. Even with the promise of staying with Namjoon, the two obviously needed some type of counseling. They were practically a couple with the divorce papers on file.

"Hi." Seokjin shortly greets. He felt out of place at the moment.

Jeongguk couldn't withstand the weight on his chest, taking one last cold glance before turning away and walking down the grand hallway. He was headed towards the kitchen, Seokjin's eyes slowly following, although Taehyung's feet sounded. As always, Jeongguk goes and Taehyung follows, the younger in absolute control without knowing. He was practically a prince.