Chapter Eight

Beware, it gets a little intense! I'm just kidding, nothing like that is happening in this chapter. Maybe....

Enjoy the chapter!

I glanced at Winter and noticed her eyes were wide with fear as another growl was heard

I glanced at Winter and noticed her eyes were wide with fear as another growl was heard. She knew it was from Parker.

I placed a finger over my lips as I allowed my ears to listen for any trace of sounds different from the nature around us. My stomach clenched. Why do I feel so excited? This is very exciting.

'Let's give him a good chase,' Irene suggested as my mate's scent got stronger. I frowned at her. 'Remember what he said he would do if I ran away from him? His wolf would take over,' I reminded her.

I could feel Irene roll her eyes at me, 'Come on, he's our mate. And the chase would be fun, I promise.' I let out a deep sigh finally agreeing with her.

Winter was crouching on the branch she was on and scanned the area below us. I did the same. Parker's scent was now stronger than ever but he wasn't in Winter's or my view. Irene paced back in forth.

'He's here, but I don't know where!'

I gulped as I glanced over at Winter who's eyes were trained on me. This is kind of scary. I'm afraid he'll just come out of nowhere and kill me.

OK, that's a little extreme.

Her eyes stared at me and fear was evident in her eyes. They then moved to something behind me. A low growl erupted from behind me causing me to jump a little. Slowly, I turned around and came face to face with Parker. My hold on my shoes and on the tree tightened. Somehow Parker managed to climb the tree quietly and was sitting on the branch behind me. His eyes held a predatory glint in them as he examined me. I quickly glanced at the ground under me. Maybe if I jump I won't die? I am a werewolf after all.

My eyes landed on a smaller branch a few feet under the one I was on that I could easily jump onto it and then make it to the ground in one piece. With out another thought I quickly slid of the branch and jumped onto the other. A growl came from Parker. I snapped my head up and noticed he was quickly coming down knowing what I was planning. Without hesitating, I jumped to the ground and took off into a sprint not sparing a glance behind me.

I picked up on speed ignoring the pain of all the sticks and rocks I stepped on, but its not the first time I've ran through the forest without shoes on. My hat blew off my head but I didn't bother stopping. Instead, I threw my shoes to the side somewhere. I can always get a new pair, they were uncomfortable anyways.

"Jasmine!" Parker's voice growled out from behind me. Shit, he's so close behind me.

'Come on, Irene. We need to run faster, please help me here. He's too fast,' I pleaded as my feet felt like they were going to give out sometime soon. Irene happily complied as she took over and I started to run faster. It literally felt like I wasn't even touching the ground. The trees flew by quickly, it's still a mystery how I haven't ran into a tree.