Chapter Thirty-four

Song: "Heathens" by: Twenty-one Pilots

*Jasmine Davis*

Many different emotions flowed through me as I heard the few words come out of Parker's mouth.

"The Rogue King is the one behind all of this."

Parker's voice kept ringing in my head as the words played repeatedly in my head.

"He's formed a fake alliance with the hunters."

Why the hell could I not have had a normal life? Problem after problem. They just couldn't seem to go away. My mate was an Alpha so my life definitely wouldn't be normal. I was so close to just accepting the bond. I planned on telling him soon. I was slowly forgiving him and I felt really guilty for rejecting him in the first place, even though he treated me badly like locking me up.

But no one is perfect, it became more clear to me. Everyone deserves a second chance if they're willing.

I didn't know when the perfect time to tell him was. He was busy dealing with the hunter. I didn't want to go because I was too busy trying to come up with reasons on why the Rogue King wanted me.

So far I had nothing.

I sighed as I flipped the channel on the TV to reruns of Teen Wolf and spread my legs out onto the couch. Somehow I managed to fall asleep.

~~~

"I'll catch you later," I called out to Sarina as I walked to my Algebra 1 class. Once I got to my class, I sat down at my assigned seat. People filed in behind me and my friend Charlotte took her seat next to me.

"So there is a party this weekend. I think we should all go," she suggested. Of course she would know if there was a party or not. It was probably one that involved drinking. I don't even want to know if she's been to one.

I gave her a pointed look. "You know we shouldn't. It probably isn't a good idea because we are Freshman after all."

Charlotte pouted. "Come on, it'll be fun. I'm sure Sarina would be down for it." She's wrong. I knew Sarina. She's smarter than that. I may be ruining the fun but it's common sense not to let a bunch of 14-year olds near alcohol or anything.

Before I could say anything, the substitute teacher cleared his throat. Everyone quieted down and turned their attention to him. An unfamiliar boy stood at the front of the class next to the sub.

"He's cute," Charlotte whispered from beside me. I rolled my eyes at her. I couldn't help but admit that he was cute.

"Alright class, it seems as if we have a new student. His name is Kyan and he is from Washington," he introduced the boy. "Kyan, please take a seat behind Jasmine."