Chapter Forty-three

Sorry I have not updated in a while, but I just got back from a 60 mile canoe trip with my youth group. I hope you guys understand!

Here's the next chapter!

[WARNING: A steamy scene ahead (it may kind of be long)]

[UNEDITED]

My eyes slowly opened because of the light streaming through the large window

My eyes slowly opened because of the light streaming through the large window. I felt arms tighten around my waist.

I turned around to see a sleeping Parker. His dark hair hung messily in his face and his lips were slightly parted. He looked so peaceful yet still so sexy even when he's asleep. My eyes wandered down to his bare chest.

I reached out and touched his tattoos. I stared at them curiously. Why did he pick a rose? (A/N forgive me if she's asked this question already. I tried looking to see if she has but I couldn't find anything, so I hope it isn't repeating.)

My fingers traced the intricate designs before I heard Parker's voice.

"Do you like what you see?" he asked confidently.

I smiled at him and nodded. "I do."

He smiled back at me. My eyes followed their way back to his tattoo.

"Why do you have a tattoo of a rose?" I asked him curiously.

He was silent for a moment before he responded. "When I was young, my mother told me to give my mate a rose whenever I messed up. It as her favorite flower because it symbolizes love, something so amazing to experience."

His hand reached up and cupped my cheek. "Some of the beautiful things in life are worth having even if it is surrounded by thorns. Love is like a rose, so beautiful but can be painful to touch."

I let his words sink into my head. Before I could say anything, he continued, "I got these tattoos because I wanted to save myself for my mate. It represents the love I want to have for my mate. I got it right after I became Alpha."

I smiled at him and tilted my head up to look at him. He smiled back at me and his fingers started playing with my hair.

I don't know how it happened, but I fell back asleep, my head resting against his chest.

• • •

I walked into the small room, knocking on the slightly opened door. Hannah looked over her shoulder at me and grinned. She looked clean and had a pair of new clothes on.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"I'm feeling great. Everyone here is so nice," she responded.

"I was about to head out to Starbucks. You want to come?" I asked. She stared at me with confusion.

"What's Starbucks?"