Chapter Thirty-Eight

[UNEDITED]

*Parker's POV:*

*Parker's POV:*

I reached the East Border in a matter of 10 minutes.

"What's going on?" I asked the one in charge of the scouting shift at this side of the pack.

He turned to me and bowed. "Alpha, there seem to be more rogue ms tonight. This time it's different, the aren't trying to hide, as if they want us to know they are there."

I then get a mind-link from the west. 'Alpha there are rogues surrounding the border. More than usual.'

I got more mind-links from the other borders right after.

This was all planned by the Rogue King. There's no doubt about it. One thing was on my mind. I needed to get to Jasmine.

I began barking orders. "Triple the scouting! Make sure no rogue enters my territory," I growled.

I then shifted to my wolf and sprinted home. I hoped she listened to me and didn't wander into the woods.

I shifted back into my human form and ran up the steps of the porch of our house. I stopped midway when I noticed keys in the lock. I pushed the door open, my heart pounding in my chest. All the lights were off and everything seemed just like it was left, no trace of anyone being in here.

She was here but didn't go inside. I could smell her scent on the porch but it was barely there. I tried to feel for her wolf through our bond but I got nothing. I sprinted into the woods.

"Jasmine!?" I called out for her frantically. I couldn't live for myself if she got taken by the Rogue King. There wasn't a response except for the bird leaving a tree.

I spent three hours searching the woods for her. I had the pack search for her in our territory, including the human towns.

There wasn't a single trace of her anywhere. How could that have been possible for her to just disappear. I left her for about an hour and she's gone.

I felt a stray tear slide down me cheek. Once it fell, more followed. I couldn't stop them. I didn't care if people thought crying makes you weak.

I lost my mate, someone that I love, and I'm going to do everything to get her back in my arms.

• • •

*Jasmine's POV:*

My head pounded as I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the light...or what little light there was.

I groaned as I sat up, my back aching. That's when I realized I was in a cell. A very small cell that smelled like something died in it. There wasn't any windows, so I couldn't tell what time of day it was. I was chained to the wall by silver chains, which dug into my flesh.