Chapter Forty

Song: "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" by ZAYN and Taylor Swift

Sorry its been a while. I had the chapter all written out, I just needed to type it up which I didn't get a chance to.

Just a little side note, this chapter jumps between POVs. Anyways, hope you guys like it!

[UNEDITED]

*Parker's POV*

*Parker's POV*

I sat with my head between my hands. My hair messy from running my hands through them numerous times.

I sent some of my best warriors in the direction that Jasmine's wolf gave me. I prayed to the Moon Goddess that they are going the right way.

'Anything yet?' I asked through the mind-link.

'No, Alpha,' someone responded.

Not at all satisfied with the answer, I stood up from my desk. Without looking at the door, I knew someone was there.

"What do you want, Peyton?" I asked.

"Just checking up on my twin," she replied. I looked up and saw her leaning against the door frame. Her eyes softened when she took in my state. "We're going to find her. I'm sure of it," she reassured me.

We tried to get some information from Dakota, but he didn't know anything. All he told us was that those who left the hideout, were drugged so they couldn't remember the way back just in case they betrayed.

"Jasmine is strong and I know that she is ok," Peyton murmured as she came up beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

A soft breeze blew through the opened window next to my window. Cool, winter air filled the room along with a sweet smell that had my hands clenching into fists and my wolf going crazy. My body went rigid.

Peyton noticed this and raised an eyebrow. "You ok?"

What was that smell? It was faint but I could still smell it. I felt extremely drawn to it that I started leaving the room to go figure out what it was. A growl left my throat and started jogging out of the house. I had no control of my body.

I shifted into my wolf and took off into the forest in the direction of the smell, which so happened to be the direction I sent my warriors. The deeper I moved into the forest, the more stronger the scent became. After about a couple hours, I caught up to them.

'Alpha?' I heard someone question through the mind-link.

'Follow me,' I shouted back.

I continued in the direction. Another hour passed by and I slowly came to stop. The others were looking around worriedly.

'Alpha do you see them?' someone asked.

I couldn't think of anything but the smell. No one else could smell it though.

I turned my head and noticed movement along the side of the bushes. The smell started growing stronger and I felt myself slowly shift back to my human form, however my wolf was still in control.