Chapter Eighteen

Cover made by sighlights . Thank you so much for the cover! It's really good.

My eyes were wide as I stared at the figure in front of me

My eyes were wide as I stared at the figure in front of me. My mouth opened and closed as I tried of thinking on what to say. Anger suddenly coursed through me.

"Never thought I'd see you again, Kyle," I spat his name, my voice full of venom as I hid my shock behind a wall. My hands clenched into fists and I dug my nails into my skin to prevent me from beating the shit out of him.

Kyle remained silent, not saying anything to me. Hannah was oblivious to the tension.

"Oh, you two know each other?"

I let out a bitter laugh as I sent a glare his way. "You can say that." My eyes burned with hatred as I connected gazes with him.

Kyle was Kyan's brother. I was close with him, but like everyone else, he turned his back on me. He sexually harassed me after Kyan was done. HE did things worse than Kyan had ever done at times. He took advantage of me when I was weak and broken. He took the destruction Kyan caused and made it worse. Nobody knew what he was doing, not even Kyan himself. He usually got me when I was at a party or when I was even just walking in the hallway. I could never escape from him. At times he would avoid me but he would always come back. My friends and family knew what Kyan had done but didn't know about Kyle.

And since Kyle is a werewolf, which totally shocked me, there is no excuse for what he did to me. He is suppose to have a mate and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't treat her the way he treated me. No girl should be treated the way I was treated.

"Are you feeling better?" Kyle asked breaking the silence.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter sending daggers his way. "Why do you care?"

An emotion flashed across his eyes. Regret and guilt. He then looked down at Hannah. "Please take the bread to the cooks so they can prepare dinner," he spoke. Hannah nodded and took the cut loaves away, leaving me with Kyle all alone. I kept my eyes narrowed at him.

"Listen, Jasmine–," his deep voice began and my nose flared as I cut him off. "What?" I spat not wanting to deal with his bullshit.

He let out a deep sigh as he ran his fingers through his messy blonde hair. "I'm sorry, OK?" He apologized, his voice laced with guilt. I rolled my eyes. That;s all he has to say? Sorry?

I opened my mouth to say something, but he continued, "I know what I did was wrong. Extremely wrong. I was messed up, I didn't know. I guess I was just jealous of Kyan. He got to have you when I wanted you. Throughout all those years you were together it was painful for me." His voice was sad and his eyes were filled with hurt. I just stared at him with shock and disbelief. This was all so new to me and I had no idea. But all of this just sounds like bullshit and crap.