Chapter Fifteen

I made a new cover photo, I want you guys to give me your input on it.

My eyes settled onto what looked like the pack house and all of the members' houses surrounding it

My eyes settled onto what looked like the pack house and all of the members' houses surrounding it. There were buildings and shops lining streets. I shifted back and pulled on my clothes before deciding to look around and take in everything around me.

As I walked by members, they were chatting, laughing, and socializing with each other. Everything seemed so...normal. Some people gave me odd looks saying 'Oh, you're new' or 'Who are you?' and stuff like that.

I smiled as I saw pups running around and being scolded by their mothers.

"Watch out!" A feminine voice called out to me. I snapped my head forward just in time to crash into someone. A groan escaped my lips as my head came in contact with the sidewalk. "Shit! I'm so sorry," the person apologized repeatedly as I glanced up to see who this person was. A smile formed on my lips as I recognized the familiar girl with caramel-colored hair.

"Its fine," I assured her as I stood up. Her eyes widened with realization as she recognized.

"Jasmine! Its so good to see you again," the girl greeted me as she pulled me into a hug. When we pulled away, I sent her a smile.

"Good to see you again, Winter." My eyebrows then knitted together in confusion. I didn't think she was a part of the Lunar Shadow Pack, didn't she say she was from the Dawnfall Sky Pack or something like that?

Winter must've heard my thoughts because she smiled sadly, "I found my mate." My eyebrows furrowed. Shouldn't she be happy that she found her mate?

"Who is he?" I asked curiously.

"His name is Zander, he's the Beta. I guess we both got unlucky and got mates from the Lunar Shadow Pack," she answered. I nodded my head understanding why she wasn't too happy. We both are probably being punished for something we did.

"How's it working for you?"

Winter opened her mouth hesitantly. "I don't know," she said honestly, "He's closed off I guess. He doesn't really talk to me. Sometimes he acknowledges me, sometimes he doesn't. I want to get to know him, I mean, he is my mate after all. But whats the point if he won't even let me in?" I just stared at her as her words settled in my head. That is similar to my situation with Parker except I'm also being hard-headed just like him. I have a reason, I want to know his.

"I know what you mean. Its the same for Parker and I, except I'm not making it any easier," I mumbled. Winter nodded her head. I didn't realized we were walking until Winter stopped in front of a cafe. She turned to me, "The food here is amazing, you should try it." She then grabbed my wrist and dragged me inside earning a laugh from me.

.

.

.

I lazily opened the front door to Parker's house, exhausted from taking in everything. Winter dragged me around and took me into many different stores. I needed to sit down.