Chapter Twenty

I entered my room and headed straight to the bathroom for a shower

I entered my room and headed straight to the bathroom for a shower. I felt like shit and I probably smelled like it too. I also definitely need to brush my teeth. I sighed as I turned on the water, making sure it was really warm, before stripping down out of my clothes and jumping into the shower.

I closed my eyes as the water hit my back.

After Parker and I came back from the woods, I went straight to my room ignoring him. I'm really not in the mood to deal with his bullshit and I really don't feel like arguing. I would like an explanation though on why he would treat me the way he did. I'm not some object that will be used whenever he wants. That is what his hand is for.

I picked up my shampoo and squirted some into my hand before scrubbing it into my hair. Once I rinsed it out, I put conditioner in it and used body wash. After finishing my shower, I climbed out and wrapped a towel around my body. I went back into my room to get clothes but stopped when I noticed a familiar red flower on my dresser. I furrowed my brows as I went over to it.

Another rose, identical to the one before, laid there. It was beautiful. The smell of Parker was clearly around it and I knew it was from him. But why? Picking it up, I took it and put it in the vase with the other one.

I changed into a black tank top and some sweat pants before combing my hair and putting it in a messy bun.

I exited my room and quietly went down the stairs, hoping that I wouldn't run into Parker. I tiptoed into the kitchen careful not to make a noise but stopped in my tracks when I noticed him sitting in the kitchen, his back facing me. He tensed when he sensed my presence. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I couldn't sense what he was feeling because of the bond.

I walked over to the closet and pulled out a bag of potato chips and made a move to exit the kitchen but a warm hand grabbed my wrist. I turned to Parker with a raised eyebrow, trying to ignore the tingles from his touch. Even though the bond is broken, I can still feel a little bit of shock from his touch. I don't like it, not one bit.

"What?" I asked impatiently as he stared at me. His eyes looked over me from top to bottom before settling on my chest, lust filling his eyes. I forgot that I was wearing a tank top which you could see the top of my boobs. I cursed at myself for walking around like this.

"My eyes are up here," I snapped as I yanked my wrist away from his grip. He lifted his gaze up to me and his eyes were dark.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. This wasn't what I was expecting to come out of his mouth so I was caught off guard.

"Uh, fine, I guess," I said not feeling comfortable by his intense gaze. He didn't say anything but nodded and stood up from his chair before heading out of the kitchen, leaving me alone. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I sat down in the chair he was currently occupying and started munching on my chips.

After finishing the whole bag, I checked the time on my phone to see that it was two in the morning. I was exhausted and was ready to go to sleep. I threw the empty chip bag away and headed back up the stairs.