Chapter Sixteen

I quickly stood up from my chair and scowled at him with a look of disgust

I quickly stood up from my chair and scowled at him with a look of disgust. He stood up as well and came around his desk. "So whats it going to be? I give you freedom and you give me your body, or you'll be locked here." he then placed his hands on either side of me, trapping me against his desk and whispered with a low voice, "And I still get your body."

I glared up at him my eyes narrowed and shoved at his chest making him stagger back a little, "Excuse me?" I was behind livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker towered over me clenching his jaw while trapping me against his desk once again.

"You heard me."

Parker's voice was low and intimidating that it made me feel so small. But I will not let him get to me.

Standing up taller, I snapped, "I will not be your personal toy just to please yourself. I do not want to be held captive against my will and not have a say in anything. In fact, I don't even want a mate." My voice was strong and I was proud to say it.

"You will do everything and anything I say, do you hear me?" Parker growled grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him. I tried pulling my face away from his grip, but his grip was strong. Memories of all the torture Kyan caused me made tears burn my eyes, but I didn't let them fall.

Without even thinking I said the first thing that came to my head and knew that it would make him stop but meant every word.

"I, Jasmine Davis, reject you, Alpha Parker Mason, as my mate." My voice didn't waver. I didn't stutter. I didn't want to be used again.

Parker's eyes widened at my words. Shock was written clear on his face. His grip on my face loosened and I was able to pull my face away from his hand. I looked back at Parker who was watching me. If looks could kill, I would be way under. A gasp left my lips as I noticed his bright gold eyes. His wolf was surfacing and wanted to be let out.

"You can't reject me," he growled out as he tried to come near me again but I stepped back.

"Too bad, I just did." I turned towards his door and swung it open before slamming it shut behind me. I ran down the hall and up the stairs to my room. Zander called after me but I ignored him. Quickly I packed some things into a small bag that I had brought. I then ran over to my window and opened it. Taking my bag and slipping my arms through the straps, I jumped out onto the roof. I pulled my phone out and sent a quick text to Sarina and Anthony.

Me -6:47
I rejected him.

After I sent that text, I jumped from the roof onto a tree and then climbed down. I then shifted into my wolf, picked up my bag and clothes, and ran deep into the forest making sure to go the opposite way from the rest of Parker's pack.

My wolf was whimpering as we drew farther and farther away from Parker. Pain crawled up through my body earning a whimper from me, but I didn't stop running. Trees whipped past me as did wind and icy air. The cold November air. Everything around me became a blur as I kept running.