Chapter Twenty-one

*Chapter Twenty-one*

I reached my pack around the time I said I was going to

I reached my pack around the time I said I was going to. The sun was high in the sky as the fall air breezed past me. Because I wasn't connected to Parker's pack, I still have the mind-link with my pack.

'Where is Sarina and Anthony?' I mind-linked my dad as I started walking into my old pack. I saw members walking around on the side walks greeting me when they see me.

'Kiddo? You're here? They did mention that you were coming. They are at Starbucks, I believe,' My dad responded quickly. I smiled sadly at his voice. I've missed my family so much. I would just come back home but Parker probably would hurt my pack, and that is something I fear of besides commitment again.

'I'll visit you guys later,' I promised as I approached Starbucks. I can already imagine their reactions when they see me. I've missed them so much.

I opened the door and was welcomed by the smell of coffee and pastries. A smile came across my face as I saw Sarina in line picking up coffee and a blueberry muffin, her favorite, while Anthony was sitting at a high table talking with some other guys from our pack.

Sarina turned around and when her eyes locked on mine, her eyes went wide and so did her smile. She let out a shriek and flung her arms around me.

"Jamie!" She hugged me tightly and I laughed, returning the hug. "I've missed you so much!"

I smiled as we pulled away, "Me too."

"No hug for me, Princess?" A masculine voice said from behind me. I turned around just in time to be enveloped in a hug. Anthony's strong arms were wrapped around me as my face was buried in the crook of his neck.

"I missed you," I said as he hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too," He said as he pulled back, a grin taking over his face. His eyes scanned my face and the smile on his face faded.

"How are you?" He asked quietly, knowing that he was referring to me rejecting Parker, I shrugged. Honestly I didn't know. I just wanted Parker to just let me go. Something inside me is telling me that it isn't that easy. Mates are supposed to be together, without their mate they aren't complete. Especially for Alphas. They need their Luna. I shook those thoughts away.

"He came to get me. I don't know why he doesn't take the hint," I said biting my lip. Anthony stared at me, an unfamiliar emotion running through his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but Sarina spoke up.

"Don't mind me asking, but why did you reject him?" She asked curiously as she motioned for me to sit down at the table they were already had their things. I followed her and sat down in the spot closest to the window. She handed me her coffee but kept her muffin. Anthony sat down on the chair next to mine. I took a sip of the coffee.

"Well, you both know that I'm afraid of commitment," I said while staring at the cup in my hands. Neither of them said anything but watched me. They knew that there was more to it so they waited for me to continue. "He only wants me for my body. That I'm only there when he needs me for sex," I said quietly while glaring at the cup as I remembered his exact words.