1 - Partying Pooper

• Dedicated to Everyone who loved the previous stories enough to want another!

"I said no." 

"I know what you said but I'm telling you that you're wrong." 

I rolled my eyes even though the receiver on the other end of the phone couldn't tell. 

"I can't be wrong if it's an opinion based question." 

"It wasn't an opinion based question," the other person argued. "I asked you if you wanted to go out tonight." 

"And I said no," I repeated for the third time. 

"Right but then I said you were wrong." 

I sighed. "I don't want to go out tonight, least of all with you." 

The person on the other end of the line scoffed and feigned offense. "You know you don't have fun when you go out unless you go with me." 

"Last time I went out partying with you, I woke up next to a stranger. Actually it's been like since the very first time I went partying with you. It's always the same thing: I go to the club, get drunk beyond all my senses, and then take some poor soul home with me only to have him scamper off in the morning. It's not a life I enjoy living Grandma." 

"Shh," my grandmother said into the phone. I rolled my eyes again. "Do not ever call me that. Now, moving on, those 'poor souls' as you put it; they are definitely not as unfortunate as you may believe. They get to have one wonderful night with a descendent of Hedone, Psyche, and Aphrodite; those are just some of the many goddesses of love and sexual desires. I'm sure whoever you take home never complains in the morning." 

"That's because neither of us remembers what happened the night before!" 

"Oh trust me, he remembers. Men never forget one good roll in the sack." 

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed in frustration. "Grandma- uh- Hedone, as much as I appreciate you wanting to 'bond' with me, I think I'll decline tonight." 

"Evelyn!" Hedone scolded. "You skipped college and went right into your pointless career that you know you will never get far in. You deserve your chance to go out and have a night on the town. You need to party and get the experience in." 

"I've gotten the experience," I muttered unenthusiastically. "I've been around the block. I'm definitely not inexperienced." 

"Evelyn," Hedone began to whine. "Nobody is available tonight and there is a brand new club that just opened. It's a really cool, exclusive, all immortal club. No mortals allowed and everyone I normally go out with is busy!" 

"I just love being your last resort." 

"It's just one night Eves! I promise that not a drop of alcohol will touch your lips!" 

I let out a breath and I ran a hand through my straight black locks. "If I go, and I'm not saying that I am, then I will definitely not be doing any drinking. Nothing good ever comes from that." 

Hedone squealed on the other line and then hung up. I pulled my cordless phone away from my ear and stared at it wondering what had happened or what I might have unknowingly agreed to. I set the phone back into its charger and brushed off the conversation.  

I hopped off my kitchen counter and maneuvered my way into my bedroom. I opened my sliding closest door to reveal an expansive amount of clothes. There was everything buried deep in there from the latest off the shoulder top to the most conservative suit. Anything I needed to go out was at my fingertips in the little space my small home provided. 

I sighed without pulling anything out to change into. I felt unmotivated to do so. I really didn't want to go out tonight least of all with my uncontrollable grandmother. That was not a saying one often heard but then again one was not often descended from a line of Greek gods.