5 - Sister Phone Calls

"I-I...uh," I stuttered brilliantly looking back up at this handsome man. I thought I had gotten rid of him this morning. Surely he couldn't be back expecting what I gave him last night? I wasn't that kind of girl.

"Hello love," Jay greeted with that lovely accent of his. I leaned against my door to stop myself from wanting to swoon. At least he had a blue shirt on this time but it was pretty tight and left nothing to my imagination. His brown curly hair was slicked back making his face very visible and his blue eyes shinned brightly as he smiled. His many piercings were still all visible and his accent was still very much there.

"Um...can I help you?" I asked after a moment.

Jay took a step back and I noticed the duffel bag hanging around his shoulder. "Couldn't I have just missed your lovely face?"

I blushed involuntarily before frowning. "If you're looking for another night like last night then you better find it somewhere else. I don't do that kind of stuff...sober."

Jay smirked a bit before leaning against the wall outside my door. We stared at each other for a few moments before I began to feel unnerved.

"Well if that's all you wanted then here's my face and here's the door!" I began to shut the door but his hand shot out and stopped it.

"What's the rush?" Jay asked without a care in the world.

I locked my jaw before coming up with a reply. "I'm expecting someone tonight and I don't have time to deal with other people right now."

"Oh Evelyn!"

My eyes widened upon hearing the distinctive female voice of my boss. She climbed up the rest of the stairs and met up with Jay and myself. She put her hand on Jay's shoulder and beamed brightly toward me.

"Isn't he just the cutest thing?"

I gaped at her like a very unattractive goldfish. I looked from Jay to her and back again. This was not happening to me.

"This is your son?" I asked incredulously.

"I know, we look so much alike," Carmen squealed reaching up and pinching Jay's cheeks. He only rolled his eyes but he was smiling at her. "The waiter at the restaurant asked if we were brother and sister."

Jay was at least a few inches taller than the both of us. Carmen was the last person I would think this guy was related too.

"This is Evelyn and Evelyn, this is my son," Carmen introduced barely able to keep his excitement.

"Oh yes," Jay continued. "We've already met."

I shot him a death glare before smiling toward Carmen as she was looking at me quizzically. There was no way this guy was going to tell my boss that I had unknowingly slept with her son.

"Just a second ago," I explained. "Nice to meet you."

I held out my hand and Jay shook it. There was a strange sense of déjà vu.

"Well, are you going to let him in?" Carmen asked expectantly.

I hesitated for a moment before stepping aside to let them in. Jay walked in two steps and set his bag to the side. Carmen turned and faced him giving him a quick hug. She seemed so small and innocent compared to this brooding bad boy across from her.

"I guess I'm going to be leaving Blake here," Carmen said when she drew back from the hug.

I raised an eyebrow feeling very uncomfortable with this turn of events. "Blake?" I eyed Jay/Blake and he only raised a finger to his lips in response. "You're not going to stick around Carmen? I could make some coffee or tea and there's some cake in the fridge."