19 - Let's Chat

I took a large swig from my water bottle and wiped some sweat away from my forehead. There was no class today so I decided to come in and practice my dancing. I wanted the extra workout mainly to stretch out my leg. My injury had completely healed but I was still weary of it.

Carmen was also present but she wasn't practicing. She was staying in her office and looking over some paperwork. I stayed out of her way as I promised and began to wind down from my workout. I began doing some cool down exercises first by simply walking slowly around the room. I took sips of my water as I felt I needed them then moved on to some stretches.

After I was finished, I stopped by Carmen's small office space and knocked on the door. I let myself in and found Carmen staring intently at a letter in her hands. There was a large red word on the envelope that read 'urgent'.

"Hey Carmen, I was going to head home," I mumbled even though she didn't seem to notice me.

She looked up quickly before nodding. "Alright, have fun."

I began to exit and close the door when the question slipped from my lips, "Is everything okay?"

Carmen sighed and set down the letter in her hands. She rubbed her face and nodded weakly before giving me a reassuring smile. "Yeah, everything's fine. There is just some issues at the bank."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her tone. I stepped back into her tiny office. "What's wrong?"

"They haven't been getting my checks to rent this place out," Carmen explained as her mood fell a bit. "This is the third letter I've received about it. I've called the bank the first two times and they said they would fix it but they weren't sure what had gone wrong. I guess I'm going to have to go down to the bank and talk to someone face to face. This is a really stupid glitch in their computer system."

My confusion grew with her story. "You always make payments on time. I thought everything was automated to just come out of the check you get from Heaven?"

Fallen angels received a monthly payment to not expose themselves and to support them on Earth.

"It is," Carmen agreed. "I don't know what's changed. But don't worry about it! I'll get it sorted and we'll be back on track."

I gave her a small smile before giving her a nod. "Well then, I'm going to head home. I'm sure you'll get everything settled."

"I always do," Carmen assured. "Tell Blake I said 'hello' and that to remind him about our meeting together."

I paused in my movement back toward the door. "Well actually I was going to visit Olympus for a little while before heading home. I'll probably be back after you two have left."

"Oh well then have fun with that. I'm sure visiting your grandparents is tons of fun!"

I strained a smile. "Tons."

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

I strode into my great grandparents very pink abode and sighed. Psyche came around the corner to greet me. She was always like a dog eager to see who had come in through the door.

"Oh Evelyn dear," she said as she gave me a hug. I shrugged off my coat and took off my shoes after we broke apart. "What an unexpected surprise? Do you want something to eat? I've got cookies ready to come out of the oven and some leftovers from the past week?"

"No thanks Grandma," I denied. Psyche wasn't a natural cook like my father was but she had had lots of time to perfect her skill. "I want to see Eros actually."

Psyche's beautiful face fell into a frown. "I swear, no one ever comes to visit me. It's always Eros, Eros, Eros!"

I gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry but it's really important!"