2 - British Blue Jay

I awoke the next morning to a surprising sight. There was no guy with a stupid grin staring back at me expectantly. This was certainly good sign.

I blinked a few times to make sure that I was actually alone in my own house. I lifted myself up from the bed and my head instantly began to pound. I fell back down and groaned aloud.

"I hate drinking," I whispered in annoyance. I heard a slight meow from my left and I lifted my head from the pillow to look up at Theo. He was lying down on the pillow next to mine watching me with his big eyes. He meowed again when I made eye contact with him. I reached out and scratched behind his ears causing him to purr.

I got up after another moment or so of resting in the bed. I tossed the blanket over my body and swung my legs over the edge. That's when I noted my lack of pants and that the shirt I was wearing was not my own. I frowned down at my outfit unable to recognize it. That was definitely a bad sign.

Putting weight onto my feet proved to be a problem as well. They screamed in agony as I slowly attempted to stand on them. I got up and stumbled into my bathroom noticing all the clothes thrown about all over the floor. I recognized my outfit from last night among other articles of my own clothing. That was another bad sign. There were no clothing articles on the floor that I didn't recognize except for the button up shirt I wore. That might have been a good sign.

I gazed at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hair was a wonderful excuse for a hornets' nest and my eyes were bloodshot. I took five long minutes to tear a brush through my knotted hair. When it was smoothed back down to its regular silky self, I proceeded to check out the new shirt.

It was a long sleeve button down black shirt. It was rather large and loose on my body. The sleeves covered up to the palms of my hands and the hem went down to the middle of my thighs. Inspecting the fabric and I was surprised to find that it was a nice name brand shirt, but I was unsurprised to find that it was a male's. Whoever I got it from had decent taste in clothing at least.

I peeked inside the shirt and found that I was in fact missing all undergarments except a pair of underwear. I sighed as I dropped the shirt and let it fall around my shoulders. No bra and only underwear was also a very bad sign. Last night was not looking good.

I ran a hand through my hair pushing some of it away when something caught my eye in the mirror. On the side of my neck was a round purplish bruise. I gazed at it shocked and poked at it to check it out. I winced as a small shot of pain erupted from the bruise on my neck. I held my hair up and found two more purple circles on the other side of my neck.

"Hickeys?" I mumbled in astonishment. "Oh god, I'm going to be so screwed if Carmen sees these."

There was a sudden sound of pans clashing onto floor. Theo meowed and leapt off my bed to run out of the room. I dropped my hair and followed after him slowly. My bare legs were hit with a gust of warm air as I exited my bedroom. My feet softly padded against my wooden floor until I reached my kitchen. They hurt a bit less now that they were in use.

I quietly walked over to my kitchen doorway to see who was making the abnormal noise. I was surprised to find a shirtless man picking up a mess of various pots and pans. He was very attractive I noted immediately. All he wore was a dark pair of slacks; he had no shirt or shoes to be found yet somehow I knew he had gotten plenty of service the night before.

He had short curly dark brown hair and I spotted a few piercings on his face though from where I stood I couldn't be sure. His well-defined chest proved that he was either an immortal or an overachieving exercise guru not that I was complaining about either. There were some tattoos on his back and the right side of his ribcage but I could not make out what they were. I was suddenly happy I had gotten (what I had assumed was) his shirt.