12 - Lunch Outing

"Good morning, my sweets!"

The blinds were thrown open and harsh sunlight streamed into the room. I groaned and shoved my face into my pillow.

"Go away!" I mumbled into the fabric.

I felt my bed dip with the weight of a second person.

"We have a date remember?"

I leaned up to squint at Jay. He was smiling happily as if he did this every day.

"We do not have a date."

"A lunch date," he corrected.

I dropped my head back onto my pillow unwilling to wake up. "What time is it?"

"8 AM."

"What?" I gasped. "We have a date for lunch not breakfast!"

"Yes," Jay confirmed. "We agreed to go to lunch which is before work for you. You start work at noon which means that we will have lunch at around 11ish so you can make it on time. You still have to wake up, get dressed, and get ready to go out which will take you a while then I have to drive you to the restaurant still."

I just blinked at him unsure if he was serious or not. He matched my stare and didn't drop his expression. It seemed that he wasn't kidding.

After I was dragged out of bed, primped and prettied, then ready to go, Jay seemed to be overly excited.

"Almost ready, love?"

I glared at him both at the use of the pet name and because it was the fifteenth time he asked.

"Give me another minute," I ground out through my teeth.

"You've said that for the past five minutes," Jay complained.

"Alright, alright," I said exasperated. I emerged from my room in a simple t-shirt and jeans with my hair thrown up into a simple ponytail. I wasn't about to dress up like Cinderella for him.

"Someone is cranky this morning."

I only gave him a blank look as if asking him if he was seriously about to start that conversation. "Someone had to wake up way earlier than expected!"

"You should've gone to bed earlier then."

"I got home late."

"Never mind the excuses, let's go! Your chariot awaits!"

"You mean a taxi?" I moved passed him into the hallway. I began my descent down the stairs of my hallway.

Jay shook his head following closely. "No taxis. I'm driving today."

"You have a car?" I asked as we reached the bottom floor. Jay took two steps in front of me and opened the front door like a gentleman. I narrowed my eyes not trusting him. As soon as I emerged in the fresh New York air, I stopped short to find a sleek black motorcycle parked right in front of my building. There were two helmets sitting on the seat as if just waiting for the riders to hop on.

Jay stood next to me watching for my expression. He jingled a set of keys as if to confirm that that was indeed our ride of the day. I should have seen this coming. It figured that a guy who smoked and tattoos and piercings also had a motorcycle. It was the ultimate bad boy cliché.

"You've got to be kidding?" I asked as Jay walked forward and took the smaller of the two helmets. He neared me and offered a white helmet over. I raised an eyebrow refusing to touch the thing.

"Scared?" Jay challenged. I bit my lip to keep from lashing out at him. I yanked the helmet out of his hand and slide it over my head causing it to feel ten pounds heavier. Jay seemed satisfied and he quickly hopped onto his bike pulling on his own black helmet. He patted the seat behind him and I just stood with my arms crossed.