25 - The Bloody L Word

Jay was awake when I walked through the door and he seemed surprised to see me home so early. His face lit up though and he came over to greet me immediately. I kept him at arm's length though before he could do anything.

"You told your mother that we had sex?"

Jay's face fell quickly. "Not exactly-"

"Yeah that's not something I share with my mother," I said cutting him off. "And something I didn't particularly want my boss to know."

"Evie-"

"I mean I know she was happy that we're together but I'm a little worried on what she thinks now. I didn't even know your name that night. She's going to think I'm a slut or a whore...or a floozy or something!"

"Evelyn-"

"And what happened to not mentioning that we were in a relationship? I was scared out of my mind when Carmen wanted to talk to me this morning. I didn't know what she was going to do. I thought she was going to strangle me right then and there."

"Evelyn-"

"But I assured her right away that I wasn't going to take any of your time away from her and then you know what she did? I couldn't believe it."

"Evelyn," Jay yelled suddenly as he grabbed onto my shoulders and shook me lightly. "Can you bloody listen to me?"

I paused in the middle of my little rant to stare at him. My surprised expression at his outburst slowly turned into a smile. Jay seemed genuinely frustrated and he gathered himself a moment before trying to speak. He was interrupted once again as I burst out in a deep laughter. Jay's face showed how annoyed he was.

"This is bloody serious!"

I clutched my stomach and practically fell on the ground with laughter. My eyes began to water and I had trouble breathing after a moment. Jay sighed and sat down on the ground next to me and just waited until I calmed down. Every time I would try to, I would look at his face and laugh all over again.

"I'm beginning to feel like your laughing at me."

"No," I assured through my giggles. I leaned against the same wall he was and tried to calm myself once again. I wiped the tears from my face and took a couple deep breaths.

"What was so funny?" Jay asked after I had a hold of myself.

I turned my head to look at him with a huge grin on my face. "Your inner-British is showing." Jay cocked his head to the side to show his confusion. I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "No one ever uses the term 'bloody' unless they're describing a crime scene, but that's okay. When you say it, it's adorably hilarious."

Jay sighed as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I hate being adorable."

"Aw," I cooed. "But your mother thinks that we're adorable together."

"I know," he grumbled. "Goodness I hate that word."

I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. "I'm glad your mom approves," I said quietly. "She gave me the next few days off to spend time with you."

"Great," Jay said sincerely. I felt him kiss my temple lightly. "I've got big plans for us tomorrow."

He stood then leaving me on the floor as I looked at him dumbfounded. "What plans? Did you know this would happen?"

Jay shrugged as he held out his hand and assisted me off the ground. "My mother and I spoke about a lot of things yesterday. It might have come up. Let's have a nice relaxing night to prepare for tomorrow. I can cook you up something nice and warm and we can just spend the night together since we missed out yesterday. What do you say?"