Chapter 25: Inari's Father

I'm currently in charge of protecting Tazuna with Sakura since she was the only person who is able to finish the training. I wanted to help Naruto and Sasuke but I'm know they can do by themselves. They both seems handling it okay yet they're really committed to finish it first.

"Yukine-Sensei?" Sakura tapped my shoulder.

"Hm? Something on your mind, Sakura?" I look at her.

"Well, I was thinking... How did you and Kakashi-Sensei meet?" She asked. "You two seems close to each other."

"How did we meet? Well, when I was a little boy, my father actually introduced him to me when I first started living in the Leaf Village." I answered. "He's still the same till this day- hasn't change one bit."

"Really? That's cool. Who was your father?" She curiously asked.

"Um..." I was to tell her but I realized it wasn't a good idea.

"What's wrong?" She look at me concerned.

"M-My dad...I-I don't really want to talk about it." I said while looking on the ground sad. "It's...you know..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..." She guilty said.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's a long time ago." I shook my head as I smiled at her.

From that awkward silent, Sakura began to yawn.

"Are you always this lazy?" Tazuna walk by us with woods on his shoulder. "Where's that weird blonde kid and the one with the attitude?"

"They're training. Climbing trees." Sakura answered.

"Too tough for you?" Tazuna asked.

"No, in fact, I'm the best." Sakura bragged. "That's why the Sensei sent me with Yukine-Sensei to guard you."

Tazuna look at her until he asked me, "Is she joking, Yukine-San?"

Sakura was pissed and I defended her by shaking my head. "No, she's telling the truth. She's done it without making any mistakes."

"If you say so." Tazuna shrugged as he walked away.

"That old man..." Sakura muttered.

"He's just messing with you, Sakura. You did a great job, I'm proud of you." I smiled at her.

"Thanks, Yukine-Sensei." Sakura look away from me, blushing.

Later that day...

After Tazuna was done working on the building the bridge for the day, we walk around town to get some food.

I look around and I see people who look really worn out, kids stealing food for their families, and bunch of people sitting on cardboards with signs saying "Please help and give us hope."

'These people... They deserve things better than this. It's not fair for them to live like this.'

"Where are we going?" Sakura spoke up.

"You want to eat, don't ya? We're heading to the store to pick up some food for dinner." Tazuna explained.

Sakura slow down and walk next to me. "Sensei, these people-?"