Chapter 30: A familiar person

I hate letting people being alone, it sucks. Watching them suffer and have no one is the worst thing in life, in my opinion. Not only that, people left behind by someone else. I should've brought Sasuke with me so he'll be more open and less depressed. I bet some of you probably don't agree with me. It could've change things that isn't meant to be. Whatever, I don't care what's the consequence. If I have to sacrifice my life to make him happy, then so be it.

Everyone that did something wrong or carried a heavy burden deserves a second chance. No one shouldn't suffer like me. I've suffered too much and I can't let it happen to someone.

I was laying on my bed, thinking of what happened back at Sasuke's place. I mean, I was happy Sasuke is finally cool with me, but when I saw that notebook, I felt like a hypocrite. All the things that he'd wrote, I was devastated. Sasuke was so happy when he'd heard that I've return home until all of a sudden, he saw me with Naruto.

His jealousy and hatred took the best of him. I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I can't let it bother me and I try to figure it out some other time. There's one more thing that I need to know.

"You don't have to ease drop me again, Naruto. Come inside." I said, didn't feel like getting and I heard Naruto gasped coming from the other side of the door.

I waited for him until he'd open the door slowly, sticking his head out of the door. He was wearing my old beanie that I'd gave him when he was still little. "How did you know that I was in front of the door?" He asked.

I got up and sit at the edge of my bed, gesturing to Naruto as I said. "Sit next to me." Naruto hesitated until he walk and sat down. Everything was quiet until I spoke "You weren't sleeping when I came home, huh?"

"I-I was..." Naruto felt guilty as he look away from me. "I heard the front door opened and I got off my bed. When I took a peek, I saw you and Sasuke. When you were heading to my room, I ran back and pretend that I was sleeping."

"And that's when you were listening to our conversation, followed me when I was sparing with Sasuke?" I asked as Naruto nodded slowly. "And when I came home, you'd heard me crying?"

Naruto hesitate to speak to me, thinking of what he's going to say. "Is it true? Everything that Sasuke said, is it really true?"

I sighed as I got up and put my hand on the window, looking at the Hokage monument. "Naruto...did you remember the time when I have to see an old friend of mine?"

"Yeah, you said you had to visit someone." Naruto answered. "I remember you were in a rush and a worried look on your face."

I didn't look at him, I'd just nodded. "I was actually heading to the Uchiha Compound. You know what happened in there, right?" I didn't hear anything from him, he was quiet. "I'm sure you've heard it. I can tell because you're silent. I've forgotten all about the incident and I was too late to prevent it. Everyone was slaughtered and I couldn't do anything about it."

"H-How did you know the incident, Big Bro?" Naruto questioned.

"I had a vision. My mind snapped and I remember it. But beside that, I've found Sasuke laying on the ground and he was the only person who's still alive. I went to him and brought him to the Leaf hospital. I took care of him for a couple of days before I had to come back to you." I closed my eyes and turn towards Naruto. "When he was fine and was able to leave the hospital, he was right in front of me at the entrance and he was upset that I was leaving the village. And that's when-"

"We've came back, he'd saw us together and he was angry, huh?" Naruto interrupted.

I chuckled, "You're very smart and wise, Naruto. However, Sasuke isn't just mad about me with you. He was so upset and hurt because I said I would be there for him and when I was with you, he'd felt that I have abandoned him and my eyes were on you."