Chapter 34: Goodbye, Big Bro...

"How long does Yukine have?" Kakashi asked to the doctor.

"My prediction...I have to say 10 minutes or less..." The doctor answered. "His condition is futile."

"T-That's way too short! T-There's....gotta be something you can do....Can't you give him some blood o-or..." Naruto stuttered.

"I'm sorry, son...There's nothing we can do at this point. It's inevitable." He shook his head.

"*sob* H-He can't die...*sob* H-He's strong enough to save himself..." Naruto tries to hold it in, clenching his fists.

"May I suggest that you should say your goodbyes before it's too late. I'm sorry." The doctor said as he walked away.

"Doctor....wait there's gotta be...please..." Naruto tries to bring him back but he'd already left.

Everyone was looking at each other with despair and speechless from the result of Yukine's conditions. They all stare back at Naruto who's taking it really hard. They all gather around Naruto and comfort him as he cries harder.

"He can't just die....I don't wanna be alone again..." He muttered.

"Naruto..." Takashi called him as he look at him. "You should see him before its too late." He said as all of them agreed. "We'll be outside if you need us."

Naruto wiped the tears off his face as he nodded and headed to the door. When look back, they gave him a sad smile and nodded.

Naruto looked away as he hesitated open the door slowly. From that moment, his heart skipped a beat as he saw his big bro laying on the bed with a breathing mask on his face and bunch of wires all over his body. There was bunch of surgery tools and bandages on the table next to his bed covered in blood.

Naruto starts to cry again, slowly making his way towards him. As he walk to him, the sound of the heart monitor beep at a slow constant rate. Naruto slowly sat right next to him- he took a good look at him with watery eyes and see blood across his body and his right hand. Naruto took a deep breath and began to talk to him...

".....Hey Big Bro. It's me, your baby bro Naruto." Naruto spoke. "I'm gonna be here till it's ...." Naruto choked up, pulling himself together and he continued. "I'll be here just for you. I-I don't know if you can hear me but I'm sure you are...."

From that moment, Naruto started to think back about all the memories with Yukine...

"Stay back kid. I'm going to protect you...."

"I'm not adopting a monster......I'm adopting a boy who needs to be with someone who can take of him. And that boy is you, Naruto."

"It's okay. Naruto, I promise you, I'll protect you with my life. I will never let someone hurt you again. I'll be by your side till the day I die."

"No matter what happens, I promise that I'll always be there for you.

"Yes, please forgive me, Baby Bro. I'm sorry to yell at you. I'm not like those people who hurt you. I'm your big brother and I love you with all my heart."

"Congrats, Baby Bro. I'm so proud of you."

"You will always be my Baby Bro no matter what, alright?"