Chapter 27: The Great Uzumaki-Narukami Bridge

I was still on the roof and I fell asleep when I was enjoying the sound of the waves and the stars at the sky. I didn't feel getting off the roof because of it. Well, not just that. I was still feel uneasy after last night. I'm still a little angry at Inari but, I don't blame him. It must've been hard for him and I know how it was like to lose someone who is close to you, even me. I've lost someone who was close to me. Actually, I've lost someone that I've loved.

I heard Kakashi talking to Tsunami and about me not being there right now. He'd also said that he's bring the team to become Tazuna's bodyguard. That's when I saw them, including Naruto out of the house and headed to the bridge with Tazuna. I was about to get up and catch up with them but then I remember something. When Kakashi and the team left, two Gato's bandits comes here and tried to kidnap Tsunami.

'Alright, I'll sit back for a bit and wait for them. Just hope that Naruto will hang in there. Then again, I know he and my team will be okay. He's strong enough to protect them.' I smiled as I took out my headphones and put it on.

Times skipped....

I was about to change to a different song until I felt a crash coming from below me. I slowly took off my headphones and I heard screaming from Tazuna's house. I slowly got up and went to the back of the house. I took a peek of the house and I saw two bandits tying up Tsunami and Inari standing there, watching them taking away his mom from him.

I sighed at him, watching him sobbing until he stopped. His face became more determined and more serious. He stormed out of the house and yelled the bandits to stop. I jumped back on the roof and examine on the scene.

"You two better let go of my mom!" Inari battle roar as he charges at him.

The bandits pull out their swords and waited Inari to get closer to them. I waited until Inari was getting really close to them. Once Inari was close enough to the bandits, I teleported to him and grabbed him and Tsunami quickly away from them. When the bandits was still striking at no one, I teleport right in front of them and grab their swords.

"What the?" One of the bandits said.

"Who the hell are you?" They look at me with a surprised look on their face.

I smirked as I slowly look at them, "You messed with the wrong kid." Once I said that, I snatched their swords and hit their heads with the handle, knocking them unconscious.

"Yukine-San!" Inari looked at me, surprised.

I dropped the swords and turn around, smiling at him, "Glad I was still here."

"Y-You saved me and my mom." He said.

I shook my head, "What are you talking about? You're the one who saved your mother."

We've exchange chuckle till we laugh out loud and it made him smile for a long time. After we pulled ourselves together, I went to the bandits and tied them up.

I walk up to Inari and bend down at his height, smiling at him until I said, "Inari, I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said about you. I didn't really mean what I've said." I rubbed his head. "You're actually one brave kid."

Inari began to cry and I stopped rubbing his head. "Darn it. I-I promise myself that I won't cry anymore. Y-You're going to laugh at me and call me a baby, but I just can't stop."

I was a little surprised, but I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He stopped crying and he look at me. "You know, just because you're crying, doesn't mean that I'm going to laugh at you and call you that. It's okay you cry, you're just happy and relieved."