Chapter 29: Sasuke's back to himself....for now

After my odd date with Ayame, I didn't feel right. When she told me about us meeting for the first time, I was stunned and was completely confused. It was really shocking from her telling me about it, especially when she'd called me "Yuki-Kun." I've felt uneasy about it. I don't know why but Ayame is just like Rin.

The similar stories, Always nice, really kind, teases sometimes, they both basically have the same personalities. Could it be that- No! What am I saying? It couldn't been. I'm just over thinking about it.

Oh yeah, right, I was with the team and the kids were basically doing some chores for the villagers that Lord Hokage provided us. As for me and Kakashi, we just watched them, sitting on the log as they pulling weeds off the villager's crops.

"Is there something on your mind, Yukine?" Kakashi spoke to me as he noticed what's wrong with me. "You seemed quiet."

"Huh? Oh, I was just thinking about the upcoming Chunin Exams." I snapped out of it as I answered without telling him about my date.

"I see... Are you worried about Naruto being in the chūnin exams?" He added.

I slowly nodded, "Yeah, I already know that he's ready for it, but I'm still kinda afraid of what the challenge that he's going to face."

"You know that's funny when you say that, I was like that when you were attending for the Chunin Exams, especially when you were the youngest who ever been in the Chunin Exams." Kakashi commented.

I chuckled, "You were really worried about me? Somehow I find that doubtful."

"Of course, especially your mother was extremely scared the most. Remember when she refuses to let you compete?" He asked.

"Oh right and she gave you the most terrifying look and a very long lecture." I laughed after I said that.

"You just have to remind me that. I had nightmares till this day because of it." Kakashi sighed. "Beside that, I know you're worried about Naruto, but I'm sure that he'll be alright. From what he experienced at this point, he's more determined than ever."

I was about to say something until I saw an angry lady standing right in front of Naruto with her fist about to make contact to his face. I act quickly and teleported to them and caught her fist. She was shocked as she look at me and I shook my head. She'd gulped and apologized and I apologize for Naruto's actions. As I apologized, she went back to her house.

"You alright, Naruto?" I asked.

"Yeah, I went too crazy on pulling the weeds. Which made me also pull out her vegetables." Naruto sheepishly laughed as he nervously answered.

"You're so impatient when it comes to chores, Naruto." I sighed. "Come on, let's try to clean the mess you made."

Later that day...

After Naruto's shenanigans, Sasuke and Sakura carried him who was dead tired, back to the village.

"Look at you. You're really hopeless, Naruto." Sakura said.

Sasuke smirked. "Hn, you really are just one big problem when it comes to missing."

Naruto get off of them and glared at Sasuke. "SASUKE!!!" Naruto was about to tackle him, but Sakura put her hands in front of him.

"If you keep this up, I'll finish you off myself." Sakura angrily said.

Me and Kakashi exchanged looks and sighed unison. "Guess we're not making any progress on the teamwork thing, huh?" Kakashi asked me.

"Nope, not one bit." I shook my head.

"That's right! Our teamwork is all messed up and it's all because of you, Sasuke! You think you're better than anyone else!?" Naruto yelled at Sasuke as he walked away from him.