Final Chapter: A new beginning

So the time has finally come....

As I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling, I felt like I'm about to die today. I urgently push myself to sit up on my bed and slowly went up on my feet. I sat at the edge of my bed for a while. I was thinking about all of the things that has happened since I came to this world and remembering the episode of Naruto. Can't believe times goes really fast.

I decided to change my clothes and headed to Ichiraku to get something to eat. As I walk around the village, for some reason, it didn't feel real to me. Like, something is making me feel off. I don't know how to describe it. Something doesn't feel right. Why am I feeling like this?

By the time I reached to Ichiraku, I shook off the feeling and calmly walked in and sat on one of the stools. Teuchi was making the noodles as usual till he noticed me with a smile.

"Yukine! What a pleasant surprise!" He greeted.

"Hello, Teuchi-San. The usual please." I said as he nodded and started making the ramen.

Suddenly, someone came out of the back. It was Ayame and she seems fine after Rin took over her body. It was a good thing her memory about us disappeared.

She look at me and smiled, "Yukine-Kun! Nice to see you again!"

"You too, Ayame. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm good. Still, I don't remember getting sick all of a sudden nor I don't remember anything." She answered as she rubbed her forehead.

As I waited for my food, I heard footsteps behind me and someone sat besides me. I didn't bother looking.

I realized who it was as I spoke, "So, today is the day, huh? Naruto leaving the village with you?"

"You sounded like you're upset, little squirt." Jiraiya commented.

"Is it really that noticeable?" I sarcastically asked.

"You know, I'm just doing this so that he can become stronger when the time comes." He explained.

"By "when the time comes", you mean the Akatsuki, right?" I look at him.

He nodded, "You always are one step ahead to me."

"Was that a compliment?" I softly smiled.

"Maybe, If you take it as is...By the way, you are more than welcome to join with us. He probably won't go without his big bro." Jiraiya pointed out.

I became silent when he said that. The problem with that, is it the right thing to do? "I-I don't know, to be honest with you. I might be in the way." I replied. Plus, I already taught him all the basics and his skills when we left the village.

"What do you mean "be in the way"?" He look at me confused.

"It's hard to explain into details, Jiraiya-San." I avoid the question.

"I see..." Jiraiya nodded slowly as he was studying my facial expression. "Well, you'll still have some time if you change your mind. We're leaving at 5 in the afternoon."

"Yeah, I'll have to think about it." I answered.

"Don't think too hard, little squirt." Jiraiya stood up and pat my shoulder as he left. Unexpectedly, Jiraiya turned around and said, "Hey."

I look back at him as he spoke, "I know this is all of a sudden but, what happened between Naruto and Sasuke, wasn't your fault. You probably made the right choice of letting Sasuke leave the village."